http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2008, 10:49
raggedyamys's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,270
Default Re: Clippies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMittens View Post
if i am doing fully lined clippies with no embellishments and all the ribbon precut then probably about 35-40 in an hour.
Yep me too. Fully lined. Already cut about the 30-40
__________________
www.raggedyamys.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 02:02
unbrokendreamz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Carmichael/Sacramento California
Posts: 4,187
Default Re: Clippies....

last night i pre cut the ribbon and tonight when im done playing on the computer i will heat seal the ribbon. and tomorrow night i will see how many lined clippies i can make. i think i need about 500 lined clippies, maybe 200 embellished ones. then a bunch of solid lined clippies for when i start making hairbows. i need a huge stock for the fair in december..

on top of all that i am also making pacifier clips, flower clippies, ribbon halos, stretch lace baby head bands, pony streamers, hair bow holders, jewelry, and more...

and what sucks is i can only do my crafts after 8pm. so i have NO idea how i am going to be able to make everything i need for the fair.
__________________
Check out my wholesale supplies on facebook http://www.facebook.com/victorianelegancebaby
I have a Private group for open group buys, please send friend request and PM via facebook to join
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 09:16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 113
Default Re: Clippies....

Be glad kids are driving you nuts!!! Blink your eyes and they are grown. Wish I had my babies back!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 09:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: S. FL
Posts: 359
Default Re: Clippies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokendreamz View Post
last night i pre cut the ribbon and tonight when im done playing on the computer i will heat seal the ribbon. and tomorrow night i will see how many lined clippies i can make. i think i need about 500 lined clippies, maybe 200 embellished ones. then a bunch of solid lined clippies for when i start making hairbows. i need a huge stock for the fair in december..

on top of all that i am also making pacifier clips, flower clippies, ribbon halos, stretch lace baby head bands, pony streamers, hair bow holders, jewelry, and more...

and what sucks is i can only do my crafts after 8pm. so i have NO idea how i am going to be able to make everything i need for the fair.

Do you have a woodburner tool? Cutting and sealing in one slice makes it much easier for me!

I saw on your myspace page that you have 3 beautiful kids and 1 on the way. Congrats!

Don't worry, you can do it! Sending you speedy vibes!!!!
__________________


Last edited by mdb78; 09-26-2008 at 10:02.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 10:09
RandR's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,213
Default Re: Clippies....

WOW!! I wish I could get 10 done in an hour!!!

I have carpal tunnel on both hands...Thankfully my right hand is not as bad as my left. This is why lately I haven't posted much, my hand is killing me when I have to hold a bow together. I hold it with my worse hand, the lefty!

The good thing at this moment I am only wearing one brace..I look funny wearing two and walking around with a 3 yr old!!!LOLOLOL

Got to be thankful for what you have!!
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 01:46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 113
Default Re: Clippies....

okay...i set the oven timer for 1hr. i had all of my ribbon pre-cut and heat sealed. i have a 4yo and a 3yo... between cleaning bottoms, getting cuppies, breaking up battles, checking e-mail and misc other things...i did 40...

these are just basic partially lined clips. and the ribbon is not good and stiff, so that took a little longer as well...
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 03:47
unbrokendreamz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Carmichael/Sacramento California
Posts: 4,187
Default Re: Clippies....

no i dont have one, i just use a lighter to seal them. i thought about getting a wood burner but i am new to this so i dont want to melt the ribbon lol. thank you. i have a 17month old here that keeps me pretty busy so i dont have time for anything untill she goes to bed for the night. daddy puts her to bed for me (atleast he is useful for something LOL)

i would probably get more done if i had a desk, but i dont i work on the coffee table in the living room, hands reach for the baby. she destroys and takes off with everything!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb78 View Post
Do you have a woodburner tool? Cutting and sealing in one slice makes it much easier for me!

I saw on your myspace page that you have 3 beautiful kids and 1 on the way. Congrats!

Don't worry, you can do it! Sending you speedy vibes!!!!
__________________
Check out my wholesale supplies on facebook http://www.facebook.com/victorianelegancebaby
I have a Private group for open group buys, please send friend request and PM via facebook to join
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 03:53
unbrokendreamz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Carmichael/Sacramento California
Posts: 4,187
Default Re: Clippies....

i had carpel tunnell surgery done on my right hand when i was 24yrs old. i got it from having my hand on the mouse from being on the computer too much. took a few months to heal up where i can use it to do massage again. but now i have no problems (oh i started to get it back when i was using a manual breast pump) but after i stopped using it the pain went away and i been good since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandRachelle View Post
WOW!! I wish I could get 10 done in an hour!!!

I have carpal tunnel on both hands...Thankfully my right hand is not as bad as my left. This is why lately I haven't posted much, my hand is killing me when I have to hold a bow together. I hold it with my worse hand, the lefty!

The good thing at this moment I am only wearing one brace..I look funny wearing two and walking around with a 3 yr old!!!LOLOLOL

Got to be thankful for what you have!!
__________________
Check out my wholesale supplies on facebook http://www.facebook.com/victorianelegancebaby
I have a Private group for open group buys, please send friend request and PM via facebook to join
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 03:56
unbrokendreamz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Carmichael/Sacramento California
Posts: 4,187
Default Re: Clippies....

oh wow. u made alot in an hour. im jealous hehehe


Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwinsmommy View Post
okay...i set the oven timer for 1hr. i had all of my ribbon pre-cut and heat sealed. i have a 4yo and a 3yo... between cleaning bottoms, getting cuppies, breaking up battles, checking e-mail and misc other things...i did 40...

these are just basic partially lined clips. and the ribbon is not good and stiff, so that took a little longer as well...
__________________
Check out my wholesale supplies on facebook http://www.facebook.com/victorianelegancebaby
I have a Private group for open group buys, please send friend request and PM via facebook to join
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2008, 04:32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: S. FL
Posts: 359
Default Re: Clippies....

I know how that is... Yeah, I have a 16 month old and no desk to work on either. I tried making some with her running around. Her toys were all over, but of course she wants to grab everything I'm working with! So I also have to wait till she's in bed.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my new clippies dmcaldeira Hairbow Gallery 19 10-07-2008 07:01
New clippies mknusta Hairbow Gallery 7 07-10-2008 11:37
Fabric clippies for my DD's dress & my version of butterfly clippies jymaldonado Hairbow Gallery 18 02-12-2008 08:27
my lil clippies momto4gr8kids Hairbow Gallery 9 01-04-2008 10:50

Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger