Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-19-2008, 12:43

Default E6000 makes me sick!

Does anyone else have this problem? I thought I'd try it out, because I'm scared the glue gun won't hold over time. And it almost instantly makes me sick. I even tried using it outside, & I had the same problem !

What would be a good alternative to the E6000? Or does it just take time getting used too?

thanks
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 09-19-2008, 12:47

Default Re: E6000 makes me sick!

I was using that yesterday to glue my flipflops and I couldn't smell anything, my hubby thought that I was crazy!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana1 View Post
I was using that yesterday to glue my flipflops and I couldn't smell anything, my hubby thought that I was crazy!
I can't smell it either
Old 09-19-2008, 01:38

I used that stuff..... once. Ick. I've had no complaints about durability of my bows from customers and all my bows hold up fine on my 2 crazy little girls
Old 09-19-2008, 01:40

LOL I'm a fruit - I LIKE the smell (now, don't you go drawing conclusions!! haha) - but then again, I love the smell of oil paints, too LOL

I'm sorry it makes you sick - an option would be a high temp glue gun or good old sewing

Sabine
Old 09-19-2008, 01:55

LOL! I used to like the smell of gasoline, but I guess I'm just more sensitive to smells. Maybe I can wear a gas mask or somthing!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:28

If I don't have a fan on, the fumes can make me kind of light-headed. If I have a fan on (particularly one blowing air in from outside), I am fine-can't smell it. If that doesn't work, the glue gun holds fine, I think... or I think some use fabritac... never tried it, so I don't know if there are fumes. HTH
Old 09-19-2008, 03:10

I don't like E6000. It was so messy and gave me a headache. I use a high temp glue gun and I don't have any problems. The ONLY think I use the E6000 for is gluing bottlecaps to bows.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:55

i do not feel anything..but i heard the fumes are strong!

Last edited by Vanitha; 09-19-2008 at 05:00.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:46

Oh goodness...i had a bad time with it last night. The glue tip fell off in the middle of me squeezing the tube and glue got everywhere. The smell of it gave me a major migraine...and i still smell it this morning uhhh!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg