Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-17-2008, 07:44

Default Bow making supplies

Hi,

I am looking for everyone's input. What tools do you believe it's best to invest in for a beginner bow maker? I might take a stab at tutus also.

TIA

Sarah
Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2008, 07:52

Default Re: Bow making supplies

My tip would be to start out small. Dont go overboard incase you don't like it down the track. Go to your local craft store and buy some ribbon from there in a few different colours and widths. Get yourself a glue gun and some alligator hair clips.
You can also check out some tutorials on the net. There's a lot of free ones and ones to purchase.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:57

I definitely suggest starting small. The glue gun you get make sure it has a small tip & is a high temp & the glue is high temp.
Use the search here & there are lots of suggestions & instructions & links to instructions.
If you haven't yet, go check out the yahoo groups for different crafts too.
HTH
Beth
Old 09-18-2008, 12:31

Ribbon, good scissors, needle and thread (if you're going to be sewing yours), glue gun and a woodburning tool (for sealing your ribbon ends). You can get glue guns super cheap. Walmart has a woodburning tool for about $10. You can probably spend about $20- 25 and get plenty of stuff to start out with. HTH!! Enjoy and post pics when you make some!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:56

i wish i would have had the brilliant bow maker when i first started off!!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:14

If you get a wood burning tool, you will also need to buy a few more items if you don't have them yet. Make sure to have a metal or glass cutting surface. I remember seeing a discussion about the glass from a picture frame, but I forgot if using it ended up being a good idea or not. You can get a metal ruler to help you cut straight, but I just use the straight side of an old cake/ bread slicer.

When I first started out, I skipped the wood burning tool since I had bad luck finding one less than $20 around my area and online. I used fray check or a lighter. I then got addicted, and then bought the wood burner and glass cutting board.

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies