New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-20-2007, 05:52

I'm excited! Thanks for posting this. I have not been able to do the lollipop clippies, either way. I just bought some of this exact ribbon or whatever it is at dollar general Sunday. I am going to try it. It looks easier than the others, so we will see. I don't have any felt, though, so we will see what happens!! Thanks again!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 11-20-2007, 06:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsbowtique View Post
I'm excited! Thanks for posting this. I have not been able to do the lollipop clippies, either way. I just bought some of this exact ribbon or whatever it is at dollar general Sunday. I am going to try it. It looks easier than the others, so we will see. I don't have any felt, though, so we will see what happens!! Thanks again!
I hv another member asking as to what can be used if one doesn't hv the felt on-hand.. I used the felt as an added *better* base for the *ribbon* so that instead of just the glue, I know E6000 holds, *holding* the circle together, the base will act as a 2nd *hold*... I would think that just by using the GG 7/8 ribbon, by cutting it into a circle, would work as well, since it's only a 0.6" width.

hth...

cynthia =)
Old 11-20-2007, 06:08

Cynthia, thanks for sharing those great instructions with us. They are easy to understand. I just bought the red rope ribbon from the Dollar store on Sunday, but I don't think I saw the red and white one.

Jessica
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalex View Post
Cynthia, thanks for sharing those great instructions with us. They are easy to understand. I just bought the red rope ribbon from the Dollar store on Sunday, but I don't think I saw the red and white one.

Jessica
You're welcome, Jessica...

Now, as to why (just maybe..lol) why your $ don't hv it, prolly they ran out of it? When I went to my $ store on Sunday (oh, yes, Sunday too!...lol), the cardboard thingy where they display all the ribbons, it looks as if they (the ribbons) only come with 4 spools of each design... I didn't pay attention to the wired ones as my eyes were fixed on that rope/twisted ribbons AND a cute 3/8 GG ribbons. I grab all 4s...lmao....

But, don't forget, Michael's has it too....

cynthia =)
Old 11-20-2007, 08:17

How cute those are!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:25

great pics, great instructions...now I have to get to the store. My project list just gets longer!

ISO: manners
Old 11-20-2007, 08:49

Quote:
How cute those are!! Thanks for sharing!!
You're welcome, Amanda... =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
great pics, great instructions...now I have to get to the store. My project list just gets longer!
Thank you... and may I add, time?...lol...My problems are project lists that gets longer yet so lil' time to have...*sighs*...lol
Old 11-21-2007, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
I hv another member asking as to what can be used if one doesn't hv the felt on-hand.. I used the felt as an added *better* base for the *ribbon* so that instead of just the glue, I know E6000 holds, *holding* the circle together, the base will act as a 2nd *hold*... I would think that just by using the GG 7/8 ribbon, by cutting it into a circle, would work as well, since it's only a 0.6" width.
hth...
cynthia =)
I made a couple last night without using anything to mount it on and it worked pretty good. I just used the glue gun (little glue at a time) and just kept wrapping it in a circle. I found that the 7" of rope was too big for me. I tried one with 6" of rope and it seemed to look better. Thanks again for the idea!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:21

Default Great!!

OM! These are great instructions.
I'm just starting out and I dont post much, but I look and read everything I can find. I've learned so much from yous guys' posts on here and the Yahoo group.
How lucky I am to find you guys!
Keep those crestive juices flowing and share.

God Bless.
Leta
Old 11-22-2007, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsbowtique View Post
I made a couple last night without using anything to mount it on and it worked pretty good. I just used the glue gun (little glue at a time) and just kept wrapping it in a circle. I found that the 7" of rope was too big for me. I tried one with 6" of rope and it seemed to look better. Thanks again for the idea!
ohhh..that'll look too cute too...There's always room to improvise so feel free to *play* with it...

Happy Thanksgiving all..

hugs, cynthia =)

...Thanks Leta...pics not so good but glad it's still understandable..lol..
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.