key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-11-2008, 09:25

Default Ribbon halos???

I got a huge box of craft supplies from a lady off craigslist and among the supplies are a few things to make the ribbon halos. (i'd have to go buy the curling ribbon but i have the halo material. unsure what to call it)? Anyways I was wondering how to make them. Does anyone know how? They look fairly simple but i'd like to hear from the professionals
ok i went and found a pic of one on ebay.....

Last edited by unbrokendreamz; 09-11-2008 at 11:25.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 09-11-2008, 11:20

Default Re: Ribbon halos???

I'm sure once I see a pic i'll smack my head like in the V8 commercial and go DUH!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:27

i posted a pic of one i found on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarobertson View Post
I'm sure once I see a pic i'll smack my head like in the V8 commercial and go DUH!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:33

The halo part itself is the wired decorater thingamajigstuff - you can get this stuff to decorate for pretty much any holiday by now - they're usually rolled up and have shapes wound and attached (like reindeer, stars, punkins, hearts, etc. etc.).... I'm sure you've seen them around.
Looks like that's just formed into a circle and probably twisted to close - then a bunch of curling ribbon attached to the back - looks pretty simple

HTH,
Sabine

Last edited by Sabine_in_MG; 09-11-2008 at 11:42.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine_in_MG View Post
The halo part itself is the wired - you can get this stuff to decorate for pretty much any holiday by now - they're usually rolled up and have shapes wound and attached (like reindeer, stars, punkins, hearts, etc. etc.).... I'm sure you've seen them around.
Looks like that's just formed into a circle and probably twisted to close - then a bunch of curling ribbon attached to the back - looks pretty simple

HTH,
Sabine
I agree now that i've seen it. I use the "halo" part for decorating around my windows on my balcony for holidays.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:35

i have the halo part, i got a bunch of it in a box of craft supplies i bought off of craigslist, i just didnt know how i would connect the 2 sides together to make the halo, and how long of curling ribbon to use. and how the ribbon is attatched..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine_in_MG View Post
The halo part itself is the wired decorater thingamajigstuff - you can get this stuff to decorate for pretty much any holiday by now - they're usually rolled up and have shapes wound and attached (like reindeer, stars, punkins, hearts, etc. etc.).... I'm sure you've seen them around.

HTH,
Sabine
Old 09-12-2008, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokendreamz View Post
i have the halo part, i got a bunch of it in a box of craft supplies i bought off of craigslist, i just didnt know how i would connect the 2 sides together to make the halo, and how long of curling ribbon to use. and how the ribbon is attatched..

You can create "hooks on each end of the halo stuff once you have the amount you want to go around the head and then interlock them and twist. I'm not sure if i'm explaining right and to add the curls maybe you can tie them into a knot around one hook before you interlock them so it'll be twisted into it.

I;m not sure but I think that might work.

Sponsored Links