New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-26-2008, 10:44

Question How do I add spikes to loops and attach to an elastic pony-O?

I have a request from a customer to make them loops and spikes bows. I know how to make a loopy bow on a french clip, but can't figure out how to add spikes to it and how to attach it to an elastic pony-O instead of a french clip. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 10:50

Default Re: How do I add spikes to loops and attach to an elastic pony-O?

I have no idea how you would add them to a pony o but to add spikes to a loopy just A) cut a few of the loops creating spikes or B) cut spikes and tie them in after your loopy is done! I beleive there is a post somewhere by Lynn of exactly how she cuts her loops to make nice spikes!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21

I've done it the way pp suggested, but I've also had the spikes already cut at the length I want. Then, as I'm wrapping the thread for the loops, I add in a spike at each (or every other) wrap.

No clue how to attach it to a pony o.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49

Smile Re: How do I add spikes to loops and attach to an elastic pony-O?

Thank you - hadn't even thought of cutting them! When you slip them in with the loops - do you slide them in half way or at the end?? Does that make sense??
Old 08-26-2008, 11:59

I'm trying to attach a picture of the bow they want. It is for a cheer team and they saw it in a catalog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spikesandloopsII.jpg (24.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 08-27-2008, 12:22

after you make your bow the center strap u wrap around... put the pony o in the center strap then whip stich it hth not very good at explaining...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:42

I am so doing the happy dance right now - thank you thank you! I lost sleep and when I did actually fall asleep was dreaming about how to make this darn bow!! I just whipped one out in like 5 minutes with four strands of ribbon on a french clip and cut a few loops - and it looked soooo cute!!! Now I will try the suggestion for attaching it to the pony-O. THank YOU THANK YOU!!!! I love this site!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
I'm trying to attach a picture of the bow they want. It is for a cheer team and they saw it in a catalog.
I could be wrong but that looks like it's attached to a french barrette...?

What I do for pony o's is when you are doing the center knot make the ends long enough to wrap around the entire bow and just place the pony o where you would normally put an alligator clip or french barrette.

WAHM to twin girls Emma & Ava

http://www.2lilangelsboutique.com
Sponsored Links