http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-25-2008, 02:38

Default I have searched high and low to figure out what this is made of....

I am hoping that some of you crafty ladies out there can help me out. I just spent 1 1/2 hours at Michaels talking to people trying to figure out what this material is on this clip. I swear I have seen it before but just can put my finger on it. Does anyone have a clue as to what the snow part of this sno cone is made from...first I thought Floam but no way is it that...help me! I so want to make these for my little girls!

Etsy :: goldilocksbarrettes :: classic rainbow sno-cone barrette on Hawaiian ribbon

They are soooo cute!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-25-2008, 02:43

Default Re: I have searched high and low to figure out what this is made of....

I have no idea...I know I have seen other things made out of this before but have no idea what it is called or where to get it..
Old 08-25-2008, 02:52

I think there was another thread about it a long time ago and it was seed beads.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:00

I think they are the microbeads. I've used them in other crafts before (put double sided tape on a box lid and used them to cover it), but it's been a long time so I don't remember what store or section I bought it in.

Anyway not sure if that is what that is or not. But it is super cute!!!!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Last edited by Wendy523; 08-25-2008 at 03:15.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajames View Post
I am hoping that some of you crafty ladies out there can help me out. I just spent 1 1/2 hours at Michaels talking to people trying to figure out what this material is on this clip. I swear I have seen it before but just can put my finger on it. Does anyone have a clue as to what the snow part of this sno cone is made from...first I thought Floam but no way is it that...help me! I so want to make these for my little girls!

Etsy :: goldilocksbarrettes :: classic rainbow sno-cone barrette on Hawaiian ribbon

They are soooo cute!
Why not just buy them from her? It's not like they're expensive! Why must you make your own instead of supporting another WAHM? Why can't she have her original ideas to herself?? Just wondering??
Old 08-25-2008, 03:16

these are not just on her site there are other people that make these and have them on their website do a search on etsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmom03b View Post
Why not just buy them from her? It's not like they're expensive! Why must you make your own instead of supporting another WAHM? Why can't she have her original ideas to herself?? Just wondering??
Old 08-25-2008, 03:18

Quote:
Im sorry if I have offended you by asking if anyone knew how they were made. I work full-time in technology and am in grad school and I happen to enjoy doing my own crafts just to use the other side of my brain. Many people on this forum ask these types of questions so I am not sure why you are coming down on me for asking the same thing everyone else does.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsshokrok1 View Post
these are not just on her site there are other people that make these and have them on their website do a search on etsy

Thank you!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by funybuny View Post

This is great! Thank you for the link. It is much appreciated.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:26

Quote:
what if she wants to "make" something special for her kids. Though you buy them for 5 or 50 bucks, nothing is compared to handmade by you.
Supporting WAHM business is not a question here!