http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-25-2008, 05:28

Default Re: I have searched high and low to figure out what this is made of....

I was thinking it looks like color fill It looks just like snow cone crystals. You can get a bag of it in the floral department cheap. Just another option.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-25-2008, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajames View Post
Thank you! I appreciate everyone's comments. I do enjoy doing crafts myself. It is one of the only things that I really get to do by myself these days and is believe it or not is very relaxing. Although I do love spending time with my 3 and 4 year old girls, after they are in bed I like to sit down and do crafts. There is a sense of accomplishment in creating something yourself. Again, sorry if I offended anyone by posting this item.
I am not offended by your question at all. I agree with the other ladies, why should someone be offended that you are wondering that the clips are made of.

I have asked questions like that before. Not to sell the clips myself, but to make them for my daughter. There is nothing wrong with you wanting to make stuff for your child.

My online store:

Old 08-25-2008, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmom03b View Post
wow I did not know that asking why not to buy one was such a huge slap in the face.
I think it was HOW you asked, not THAT you asked.

I agree those are so cute but I don't think I would actually put one in my girls hair. I'd more like to just buy them to look at them! They seem big for hair. But they are still totally adorable!

WAHM to twin girls Emma & Ava

http://www.2lilangelsboutique.com
Old 08-26-2008, 12:06

Quote:
Why not just buy them from her? It's not like they're expensive! Why must you make your own instead of supporting another WAHM? Why can't she have her original ideas to herself?? Just wondering??

why do you make your own?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroberts324 View Post
why do you make your own?
repeat...

Okie dokie. I was just wondering why not to buy them from her. I get the whole fun of making something yourself. I guess I was just seeing the go the way of the 6 color headbands I just feel bad for the lady making them, because even if it starts as one nice lady (sorry I wasn't trying to be mean or hateful just curious as to why not to buy them) who wants to know how they are made..in here it seems to end with someone selling directions on etsy and that would hurt someone elses business and that makes me sad. Sorry was not trying to be a witchy poo.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:20

I got in a litlle late and as ussual shoulda stayed out, thats what I get for staying up to late....I know you didn't mean it offensively but I think most people come to these boards so that they don't have to just buy things ya know?

Sorry
Old 08-26-2008, 12:22

I forgive you! I don't care for any of the drama here and I think everybody has their own opinions and can ask whatever questions they want. Sorry that you had to get hurt! Stick around though...people here can be nice

Quote:
repeat...

Okie dokie. I was just wondering why not to buy them from her. I get the whole fun of making something yourself. I guess I was just seeing the go the way of the 6 color headbands I just feel bad for the lady making them, because even if it starts as one nice lady (sorry I wasn't trying to be mean or hateful just curious as to why not to buy them) who wants to know how they are made..in here it seems to end with someone selling directions on etsy and that would hurt someone elses business and that makes me sad. Sorry was not trying to be a witchy poo.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:23

:'( I sorry. i re read my post and it wasn't put nicely. I'm not a very eloquent (sp) writer..I just say stuff and don't always think of how it will come though to others
Old 08-26-2008, 12:25

ME TOOO>>..

Hi my name is Lisa and I sound rude in written form.... Nice to meet ya!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibug View Post
I forgive you! I don't care for any of the drama here and I think everybody has their own opinions and can ask whatever questions they want. Sorry that you had to get hurt! Stick around though...people here can be nice
We can be nice huh??? sometimes! LOL I have been way to serious lately, I gotta have me a girls night out REALLY soon!!!