New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-24-2008, 12:00

Default Padded bow boards

I have a general idea of how to make these, but haven't done it yet. I wanted some advice as to whether or not I'm on the right track. Does anyone make them using a paint canvas? I would assume you would cover the canvas in batting, staple fabric to the back and add ribbon. My question is (if I'm on the right track with everything above) is what do you use to secure the ribbon in a criss cross pattern through the batting and the canvas? I guess what I'm going for is like those picture boards you see at Hobby Lobby. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:08

Default Re: Padded bow boards

I have only made one of these (very basic) for a friends birthday present and I used thumb tacs it worked well not sure what everyone else uses though spose using a staple gun or similar would work better or well also.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenannedavis View Post
I have a general idea of how to make these, but haven't done it yet. I wanted some advice as to whether or not I'm on the right track. Does anyone make them using a paint canvas? I would assume you would cover the canvas in batting, staple fabric to the back and add ribbon. My question is (if I'm on the right track with everything above) is what do you use to secure the ribbon in a criss cross pattern through the batting and the canvas? I guess what I'm going for is like those picture boards you see at Hobby Lobby. Any help would be appreciated!
Sounds like you are wanting more of a memo board. I have made a bow board using the canvas but I didn't use batting. And I hot glued the fabric. Maybe try using scrapbooking brads to secure the crossed ribbon?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:22

I've made a bunch using dolloar store canvases. I spray adhesive on canvas,attach quilt batting(that I cut to size before hand) and then staple fabric around to the back. Use same technique as stretching canvas--staple opposite sides as you go to keep everything "in line"(Then I staple grosgrain ribbon etc for clips and organza ribbon or maribou to hang)
It works amazingly well (no need to make frames) and it's really cost effective too!
Good Luck!
Linda
Old 08-24-2008, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post
I've made a bunch using dolloar store canvases. I spray adhesive on canvas,attach quilt batting(that I cut to size before hand) and then staple fabric around to the back. Use same technique as stretching canvas--staple opposite sides as you go to keep everything "in line"(Then I staple grosgrain ribbon etc for clips and organza ribbon or maribou to hang)
It works amazingly well (no need to make frames) and it's really cost effective too!
Good Luck!
Linda
your dollar store has canvases? Lucky!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:05

Dollarama in Canada sells stretched canvas (but only up to about a 10 x 12 (approx?) size for $1.00 each
Sponsored Links