Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: Best method to hold baby bows
Velcro 3 15.00%
KY or some other sticky substance 2 10.00%
Snap clip 11 55.00%
Other, pleaqse explain 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2008, 08:36

Default Best Baby bow option?

Hi, this probably has been asked I would think (hasn't every question?? LOL) Forgive me, but I just can't sit too long these days (back is being ornery lately), so I don't have as much time at a sitting to search... A friend of mine is having a little girl VERY soon (I should have made them long ago, but you know... When I plan to procrastinate, something always happens, and then I've procrastnated longer than planned. ), and I want to make bows that will stay on the baby's head best... What of the available options works out best for you guys? (Could do a poll, but can't figure it out in the time available for me to sit here. ) Velcro, just sticking them on (Anything better than KY??-feel a little wierd giving her KY with bows), ??? not sure of other options (never made bows when Gabby was a baby).... TIA to all of you!

PS> Ok, I guess I'm doing a poll... I forgot to uncheck it. LOL

Last edited by funnykindagirl72; 08-22-2008 at 08:39.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 09:15

Default Re: Best Baby bow option?

For little babies I like the small snap clips. Once they are a couple months old I like alligator clips with non slip grip, but the snap clips still work too. It really depends on how much hair the baby has. Plus there is always the interchangeable headband option.
I never been a fan of the velcro or the KY.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:36

None of my babies have had much hair. I tried everything and the only thing that held a little baby bow was Elmer's glue. Once they got a little hair I switched and started using little clips. HTH!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:36

When Kallie was a baby she had alot of hair.
But the only bows that wouldn't slide out of her hair
were the velcro ones.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:41

If there's enough hair for any kind of clip, then I like the baby snap clips.

If there's not enough hair, then the sticky ones work well. I used karo syrup on my baby. I've heard elmers glue works well, too, but I never used it. I liked the karo b/c it's basically sugar, it's a food product meant for human consumption, as opposed to either of the others that are not meant to be eaten.

I most often used headbands with big bows.

Kinda depends on your friends style. If she likes big boutique bows, then make up some headbands. If not, then itty bitty snap clips. Or make headbands with interchangeable clips, some big bows, som smaller bows, some flowers!

Sorry, I'm of no help deciding whatsoever!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:50

zoe is 8 months and has a smathering of hair! lol!

i use the baby snap clips. they totally stay in, and really only need a few hairs to hold on to.

people always laugh when they see them, because they are totally for decoration. its not like her hair is in her eyes!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2 View Post
Kinda depends on your friends style. If she likes big boutique bows, then make up some headbands. If not, then itty bitty snap clips. Or make headbands with interchangeable clips, some big bows, som smaller bows, some flowers!

Sorry, I'm of no help deciding whatsoever!!
I have no idea what her style is yet since this is her first daughter... and I don't wanna ask or she would know my plan. LOL. I'm gonna start out subtleand if she says, "I need something I can see, darnit!" Then I'll break out the big headband bows. Plus, I don't have any of the headbands. And my deadline is looming...

Thanks to everyone for the help though... I might try a mix... or perhaps snapclips until I see the baby & then if she's completely bald... I can't remember if her son was bald or not... I don't think completely... hmmm... need to look at old pics...
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/sprinklemewithlove.gif