New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-17-2008, 06:10

Question opinions wanted

I am VERY new to bow making. I just started the first part of July. I am trying so hard to get the boutique bows down as that is what most people (myself included) are wanting.

I am hoping someone can help me get these straightened out. I can tell that they aren't all even. I can normally get 3 of the 4 loops looking good. And they looked kind of scrunched up. Would anyone mind giving tips on how to make them look better, please?

please be nice! These are only my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th bows to make like this.

this was my 2nd go at the twisted look and loopys:

and this was a 3rd go at it: (i think it looks much better in person)

and then this is my last try at it: the spikes look longer on the top because the bow is already attached to a french clip, and it's making the bow lie on the bottom edge

i thought maybe i just can't do it right with the 1.5, so then today i did this with the 7/8. of course, it's not finished but at least it looks a bit better (i think)

thanks in advance for your input!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2008, 06:15

Default Re: opinions wanted

I think your first tries are great. In the first picture of the pink and brown it looks like there is a ribbon end at the center that doesn't look quite right. I'm not sure exactly what I am seeing. I'm also thinking that a larger center on the pink and brown might be needed. By that I mean a wider width of ribbon. What do you think? Overall, I think you did very good. I don't make the layered loops like that so I can't offer any other advice or tips. Are using any instructions? TRR has very good instructions that might help. HTH
Old 08-17-2008, 06:17

Sorry I can't give you any tips, but it takes ALOT of practice. It took me many many months to get mine down. Keep trying you'll get it. Good luck.

Friends are God's way of taking care of us.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneal1027 View Post
Sorry I can't give you any tips, but it takes ALOT of practice. It took me many many months to get mine down. Keep trying you'll get it. Good luck.

so, what do you do with all of those bows that you were "practicing" on? Do you go ahead and sell them? I hate to waste that much ribbon (and time!!)
Old 08-17-2008, 06:23

I think they look great for you first tries. More practice and you'll have them down. I agree on the first one about needing a bigger center knot, or even just use that same ribbon without a knot. On the first one I think the "V" on the end of the ribbon on top is making it look odd too. I usually just cute it straight in the bowtique bows, that way it will usually just line up with the ribbon and you don't even notice the end on top (if that makes sense at all I don't know lol). Also the crease doesn't look as tight as it could be, or uneven. I think your second two look great, but could use a little more symmetry to the loops. HTH

Last edited by TinasK; 08-17-2008 at 06:27.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwinsmommy View Post
so, what do you do with all of those bows that you were "practicing" on? Do you go ahead and sell them? I hate to waste that much ribbon (and time!!)
I use them on my daughter or give them to neices/friends daughters. You don't want to sell something that isn't quite right in my opinion, but if you do price them accordingly.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:24
mom2girls

Wasting alot of ribbon and time is what its all about when your new to this....making a perfect bow isn't going to come to you at your first try so your gonna have a lot of ribbon thats just wasted and lots of time wasted because it takes TONS of time and practice to get good..... Keep trying and practicing and you will get it...eventually....
Old 08-17-2008, 06:27

Quote:

I have a reject box....sometimes I go through it & take some apart & use the ribbon to remake them.

Friends are God's way of taking care of us.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:29

Quote:

practice bows and and such,...------------------> is my trash can BFF. Unless you can take it apart reuse the ribbons, that's a different story.

..............but then again, i don't practice on the good ribbons..lol..

It takes time and also more than 10 practices (IMHO) and ribbons... to make those other gorgeous stacked loopy bows...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:29

sounds good on the top one...especially the V part. and i agree, about the knot looking ''off"

so many people are wanting free bows, i am sure i won't have a hard time giving any away!! unless it just needs to be trashed! lol

thank you so much!!

Last edited by irishtwinsmommy; 08-17-2008 at 06:31.
Sponsored Links