http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2008, 04:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 437
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

I've cut them 2 ways with my woodburner. I've mostly used my little metal ruler, holding it between my L thumb and middle finger with the ruler perpendicular to the ribbon (not lying flat) and my index finger on the other side of where I'm cutting to flatten out a small space. Then I can swipe the woodburner really fast over the ribbon right up against the ruler.

But a week ago, I was making korkers and didn't have my ruler handy, so I used an alligatore clip instead. It was so much easier. I put the clip right on the edge of where I wanted to cut and flattened out a little area to the left of the clip, with my left index finger. I just swiped the woodburner up against the clip, and it was done. So, so, so easy this way, and you don't have as much of a chance of burning yourself.

Hth!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2008, 05:36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 824
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Okay, I cook my korkers at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, then leave them in the oven until everything cools. You said 35-40 minutes ~ what temp? I have read so many different temps and times, I just wonder what everyone else uses????
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2008, 05:47
cynthia's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,715
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toifrogs View Post
I've cut them 2 ways with my woodburner. I've mostly used my little metal ruler, holding it between my L thumb and middle finger with the ruler perpendicular to the ribbon (not lying flat) and my index finger on the other side of where I'm cutting to flatten out a small space. Then I can swipe the woodburner really fast over the ribbon right up against the ruler.

But a week ago, I was making korkers and didn't have my ruler handy, so I used an alligatore clip instead. It was so much easier. I put the clip right on the edge of where I wanted to cut and flattened out a little area to the left of the clip, with my left index finger. I just swiped the woodburner up against the clip, and it was done. So, so, so easy this way, and you don't have as much of a chance of burning yourself.

Hth!
Now that's the NEAT-est idea!...I like that..lol... If ONLY I love korkers..
__________________


I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2008, 01:30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 212
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygrammy View Post
Okay, I cook my korkers at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, then leave them in the oven until everything cools. You said 35-40 minutes ~ what temp? I have read so many different temps and times, I just wonder what everyone else uses????
I cook mine at 275 - I haven't ever tried higher heat. I love the idea of using the alligator clips! And I need anything to help me from burning myself. I seem to be prone to that I'm a big fan of korkers!

Meghan
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:27
fullernj's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 53
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Mine were doing that too, until I figured out to let the korker bounce back as soon as I had cut it. Otherwise it cools flat and stays flat. So quick swipe to cut and seal then let go right away!!! Oh, and I cut mine straight across. I just like the way it looks better.



Quote:
Originally Posted by saldanaaa View Post
I need some tips for cutting my korkers with my wood burner...Do you cut the ribbon at an angle, or straight across? I've tried both but I think it's making the end of the korker straighten out a little...I hope this makes since...If not I can post up some pictures!
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2008, 10:02
kalibug's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 112
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toifrogs View Post
I

But a week ago, I was making korkers and didn't have my ruler handy, so I used an alligatore clip instead. It was so much easier. I put the clip right on the edge of where I wanted to cut and flattened out a little area to the left of the clip, with my left index finger. I just swiped the woodburner up against the clip, and it was done. So, so, so easy this way, and you don't have as much of a chance of burning yourself.

Hth!
That is what I use to cut with my woodburner. I use the alligator clips. I have an old pan that I keep turned upside down to cut on then I put the alligator clip on the end and let it hang on the end of the pan and then slice real quick. Works perfectly.
__________________
~Melody~
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2008, 12:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 113
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Help! I can't keep my light color ribbons from turning brown when I cut them with the wood burning tool. No problem with dark colors (I guess because you can't see it). I am using alligator clips and putting it on a metal pan. I am also swiping fast. Anyone else having this problem? Purchased wood buring tool at Hobby Lobby.

Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2008, 01:25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 113
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Thanks, looks like another trip to Walmart tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2008, 07:11
~Amy~'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 277
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaint View Post
Help! I can't keep my light color ribbons from turning brown when I cut them with the wood burning tool. No problem with dark colors (I guess because you can't see it). I am using alligator clips and putting it on a metal pan. I am also swiping fast. Anyone else having this problem? Purchased wood buring tool at Hobby Lobby.

Are you wiping the burned ribbon off the wood burner tip in between cuts? I have to do that or I get dark spots. Just use a damp washcloth or I use a damp paper towel so I can throw it away after wards. I wipe the tip after each cut.
__________________
~Amy~
Mommy to Shawn, Matthew, Brandon, and Ashlyn
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2008, 01:13
cybr-chic's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 517
Default Re: Cutting Korkers With Wood Burner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
Are you wiping the burned ribbon off the wood burner tip in between cuts? I have to do that or I get dark spots. Just use a damp washcloth or I use a damp paper towel so I can throw it away after wards. I wipe the tip after each cut.
I use steel wool to clean off my blade,
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wood Burner?!?!? saldanaaa How to make... 2 04-19-2008 09:39
Wood Burner....help!!!!! justycemama Supplies 12 03-08-2008 11:19
Wood Burner specialhome Supplies 21 01-16-2008 03:44

new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger