New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-16-2008, 04:21

Question Question...How do you all glue/attach ribbon to single and double prong clips?

Hiya

I've not been on for a few weeks, am waiting for an order from Michelle which went walkies But...While I've been waiting I've been mucking about with some plain snap clips I got from a shop here and using the grosgrain I use for my dummy clips
I've got a glue gun...but it just isn't holding the ribbon in place, well, it holds it in place but then you could literally brush your thumb over the top of the clip and the ribbon moves completely away leaving a trail of manky glue completely stuck to the clip? None on the ribbon, which I find really really frustratingly odd!!!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, Ive never made a clip in my life so everything is very very new to me and I just really wanted to try and perfect covering a clip before I attempting making anything remotely pretty once my order comes!!

Please help lol

Thanks in advance

Gem
Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2008, 04:25

Default Re: Question...How do you all glue/attach ribbon to single and double prong clips?

I hate the glue gun, so I can't help you there. I use Fabric Tac, and I just bought some E6000 to try out.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:31

Default Re: Question...How do you all glue/attach ribbon to single and double prong clips?

Thank you
Yes, my glue gun is about to meet its death!! I don't think I've ever used anything so painstakingly frustrating!
I'll try fabric tac

Gem

Last edited by sobluex; 08-16-2008 at 04:49.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:49

I just done a quick search for some E-6000 but can not find any stocked in the UK I'll see what other fabri tacs are around, are they all basically the same or will there be a certain type/make that would suit this best? Sorry for all the q's

Gem
Old 08-16-2008, 04:58

oooo fab, have just found some in ireland! right, I'll buy some of that now and hopefully will be easier to use lol
Old 08-16-2008, 11:08

Good luck!! I wondered if it would be hard to get where you are.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14

Isn't it funny how everyone does things so different. I use hot glue for every clip. The only thing I use e6000 on is my centers.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:54

Me too - I use my hot glue gun for pretty much everything. The E6000 works great for me when I use it with a toothpick for centers and such but I couldn't imagine trying to cover a clip with it. Its seems to thick and gooey to me. I have used some fabric glues for other things and it seems pretty strong and easy to use. Good luck! Once you begin you can't stop! It's so addicting! Just ask my husband! He wishes I had never started!

Meghan
Old 08-16-2008, 11:59

I use the hot glue for EVERYTHING. I like the way the fabri tac is so neat and clean to use, but it takes too long to dry. I'm not patient enough to wait, so I get hot glue crazy. lol

http://www.myspace.com/vannabanana85
Old 08-17-2008, 12:32

E-6000 takes longer to dry, which used to bug me, but now I can't stand using the glue gun anymore (I always hated the strings though). It's a mad dash to get it on, & then it's stuck. I now like the time e-6000 gives me to get everything where I want it just right, & then it is not long until it dries. Just clip down for a few minutes what won't stay. Then it sticks extremely well. Good luck with the lining, & then let the adventures begin. Keep us posted on your progress.