new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: This bow looks?
Looks great! 4 4.76%
Looks good! 11 13.10%
Needs minor tweaking! 55 65.48%
Needs to be trashed! 14 16.67%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2008, 01:24

Default How can I improve

UPDATE: OK tonight I worked on the bows (4th pic) with your tips and I think they have improved, maybe not as great as they will be but I can see improvment... THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

I make and sale my boutique traditional bows but typically only make my BIG bows for dd. So will you please look at this bow and tell me how I can improve it?

For your SAFETY I have attached a poll at top... please vote & pm me or post any suggestions.

Ok I gave it another try and second one is round 2...

3rd bow is original bow I shortened spikes... cut the loopies so that they are just spikes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (128.5 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (134.8 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (134.3 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (78.6 KB, 88 views)
http://heavenlyhairbows.flyingcart.com/

Last edited by Bowlady101; 08-24-2008 at 01:43.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-12-2008, 01:45

Default Re: How can I improve

Yeah..what she said...

Take me with a grain of salt...I'm still pretty sucky...but I like it that way...I have room for improvement! Hehehe!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
It's cute, to me what stands out are the spikes. They may be a little long and they just seem to spread out to me. Maybe if you trimmed them a bit and possible added a few more spikes to fill in the gaps?
Thank you I will give that a try and repost pic...
Old 08-12-2008, 02:31

I think it's pretty
As for the spikes, sometimes I make mine spread out like that...Just for a different look! I do have customers that like that better than tons of spikes I would just trim them up a bit!

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Because kids get cancer, too.
*Proud Mommy to 3 great kids!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:32

Again I say, I know photos are sometimes deceptive, but it looks to me as if the green bow is too small for the red or red is too large for green. Then again, that may be just the way you wanted it! I think that is what makes it hard for us to judge one anothers' bows ~ as in anything else, we all have our own tastes!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygrammy View Post
Again I say, I know photos are sometimes deceptive, but it looks to me as if the green bow is too small for the red or red is too large for green. Then again, that may be just the way you wanted it! I think that is what makes it hard for us to judge one anothers' bows ~ as in anything else, we all have our own tastes!
So should they be closer to the same size???
Old 08-12-2008, 03:13

Ok I just had to post this with all the drama going on... the poll is a great idea... however someone said my poor little bow should be trashed. It made my jaw drop but then it made me smile...That is what I asked for and I appreciate someone helping me... I am off to improve this little guy...
Old 08-12-2008, 03:18

Pictures can be very deceiving, but it looks like your base bow top loops are not laying right. It's hard to tell but if they're more to the side then you can see the bottom ribbon better when it's on.

As the size goes, I like having the top bow 1/2" difference so the spikes can be seen better without them hanging over the bottom bow. It's a preference as lot of the ladies have said.

The loopies look to be a bit short so they don't come all the way around the top bow, but that could just be the picture. I tend to do my bows without the loopies.

I would also get my knot centered so a full star is viewed or instead of the stars do a stripe or solid. The stars are pretty for little spikes though.

Hope it helps!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41

I can't believe someone said it should be trashed that's just awful!! I think you're bow is beautiful. I would put it in my daughters hair and she would love it!! The only thing I noticed was the small ribbon spikes are not cut symmetrically like the big ribbon spikes. And after reading through other comments I agree with the center knot comment. Other than that I was going to choose "minor tweaking."

Hope that helps somewhat!
Cyn
Old 08-12-2008, 03:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstimpert View Post
Pictures can be very deceiving, but it looks like your base bow top loops are not laying right. It's hard to tell but if they're more to the side then you can see the bottom ribbon better when it's on.

As the size goes, I like having the top bow 1/2" difference so the spikes can be seen better without them hanging over the bottom bow. It's a preference as lot of the ladies have said.

The loopies look to be a bit short so they don't come all the way around the top bow, but that could just be the picture. I tend to do my bows without the loopies.

I would also get my knot centered so a full star is viewed or instead of the stars do a stripe or solid. The stars are pretty for little spikes though.

Hope it helps!
That really does help... yes you are right about the loopies... i hate doing them. Not sure I am following you about the way the bottom bow should lay.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies