http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:20

Default Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

Okay the first few pages I felt sorry for them attacking you. I really did. Then I noticed you don't let it go. I'm starting to wonder if your going for a new record on many pages you can make one post... I'm new at bow making BUT I spend all my free time practicing. I started doing it the cheater way with salon clips and floss and I knew that I could not sell those. They slip out of place and they looked horrible. I had every intention of selling them too.. Then I said why selling something I don't stand behind. Now I'm mastering hand sewing and when I feel I've mastered it I'll sell. Not until then.

As far as CC The only one I would personally buy was the turtle. The edges looked clean. I would keep working on the ones you've "mastered" because I don't personally think they are sell ready.

I think that's the kind of response you wanted... One you can reply to and keep this thread going for awhile longer right?

flame on...
Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2008, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferw75 View Post
OK - several people have asked me to post pics for "constructive criticism"...here they are (IF I figured out how to post them correctly). This is my first time doing this so this is all new to me...if they don't come up, I will try again.
Hv no CC to give as your clippies are good. =)

Would you like to post your bows too as that's the *area* you need help? Normally we see pics and we'll tell/write/CC what's needed to be *corrected*. That's the only way we can help...Well, unless you live next door, you're more than welcome to come over.

Hey, aren't you moving to Dallas? or something? My SIL just *moved* to F.W few days ago and we're not far (ohh just about 3 hrs or so or less..lol)... We could always get together... =)

ETA: oopsy..just noticed your location..lol..You ARE in Dallas...my apologies

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewiregnat View Post
Okay the first few pages I felt sorry for them attacking you. I really did. Then I noticed you don't let it go. I'm starting to wonder if your going for a new record on many pages you can make one post... I'm new at bow making BUT I spend all my free time practicing. I started doing it the cheater way with salon clips and floss and I knew that I could not sell those. They slip out of place and they looked horrible. I had every intention of selling them too.. Then I said why selling something I don't stand behind. Now I'm mastering hand sewing and when I feel I've mastered it I'll sell. Not until then.

As far as CC The only one I would personally buy was the turtle. The edges looked clean. I would keep working on the ones you've "mastered" because I don't personally think they are sell ready.

I think that's the kind of response you wanted... One you can reply to and keep this thread going for awhile longer right?

flame on...
Actually I appreciate your advice on the hand sewing...that is exactly what I was looking for. I've tried other methods and they haven't worked for me. No, I'm not going for a new record, just a newbie looking for tips. That's why I posted the pics.

The turtle was my favorite as well, but I've sold all of the rest of the ones that I posted too. Thanks again for the sewing tip...my next step was going to be trying floss, but now I know not to try that.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
Hv no CC to give as your clippies are good. =)

Would you like to post your bows too as that's the *area* you need help? Normally we see pics and we'll tell/write/CC what's needed to be *corrected*. That's the only way we can help...Well, unless you live next door, you're more than welcome to come over.

Hey, aren't you moving to Dallas? or something? My SIL just *moved* to F.W few days ago and we're not far (ohh just about 3 hrs or so or less..lol)... We could always get together... =)

ETA: oopsy..just noticed your location..lol..You ARE in Dallas...my apologies
Yes, I am in the DFW area. I actually am going to post some bows here later on - in the correct thread if I can find it! I think that would be the best way to get advice, if people saw them. thanks!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:43

I believe, it'll be here: Hairbow Gallery - Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:50

Well that was an entertaining read.

My thoughts on part of it is, go ahead and flood the market with "crap". It just makes the good stuff stand out more.

And I'm not saying anyones bows on here that I've seen are crap. Just commenting on what has been said.

I think most people who post their bows expect "oh those are so cute" comments. Honestly a lot of the time I think to myself why is everyone blowing smoke up their arse! lol It's ok to tell people things need work. Or, if you're like me just don't comment if you don't want to hurt someones feelings.

Last edited by TinasK; 08-12-2008 at 10:54.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
like others,...practice practice practice =)

Don't forget, Karyn's device is coming out soon and I, can't wait for it. It took me awhile on the twisted boutique and I've mastered it. My ONLY problem now is pinwhweel and the simple, basic bow (which i gave up on it..lol). I hv confidence that with her (Karyn's) device, will help me on that *department*.

Happy Bowmaking... =)
I am very curious about this device and tell me exactily what is a twisted boutique bow?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadee View Post
I am very curious about this device and tell me exactily what is a twisted boutique bow?
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/suppl...bow-maker.html Not out yet but SOON...

Old 08-12-2008, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadee View Post
darn Popup blocker!..lol..

K, the below is what i call twisted ..there are different names being used... It's not perfect but this bow was done in a hurry for a sample pic that I needed to take the other day.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecansofbeans View Post
It's not perfect. Really......really!!!!

Looks bloody perfect to me!

Lorraine
Lorraine, you're bias coz you luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv me...

Sponsored Links

Closed Thread