http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:44

Default Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

Yes, I actually just ordered that last night! She has some great instructions and I'm waiting on the bowmaker. I was skeptical about it but I'm glad to hear that it helped you! I'm looking forward to using it.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-11-2008, 09:03

I'm glad to see this thread because it brings up something I've been wondering about for a while. Why are so many people on here so scared to help others? Sure, I'm not a professional. This is a fun, obsessive hobby for me. I love making things for dd and friends' daughters. So, I guess you can say that's easy for me to say.

However, I have been very successful in an extremely competitive career as a classical musician. So I have seen competition for work to the extreme. It may be different in the crafting arts, but from what I've learned in the musical arts, those who are successful are also those who are very open to helping others. I look at it this way, build a great network by being helpful and kind. You are helping someone and it will come around with a reward someday. OR, don't help others out, and in some way, you'll be bitten in the ass for it in the end.

Bella, you are awesome!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50

Just practice and practice
Old 08-11-2008, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahsmom View Post
By the way, YOU ROCK!!!!
Thank you so much, I just tried to help
Old 08-11-2008, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by toifrogs View Post
I'm glad to see this thread because it brings up something I've been wondering about for a while. Why are so many people on here so scared to help others? Sure, I'm not a professional. This is a fun, obsessive hobby for me. I love making things for dd and friends' daughters. So, I guess you can say that's easy for me to say.

However, I have been very successful in an extremely competitive career as a classical musician. So I have seen competition for work to the extreme. It may be different in the crafting arts, but from what I've learned in the musical arts, those who are successful are also those who are very open to helping others. I look at it this way, build a great network by being helpful and kind. You are helping someone and it will come around with a reward someday. OR, don't help others out, and in some way, you'll be bitten in the ass for it in the end.

Bella, you are awesome!
I donn't know what to say, this is a fun and a hobby for me too. I tried to help as soon as I can. Maybe my English is not so excellent to explain, what I want to say, but I do my best to help.

By the way I work as a Czech language professor in the university in Egypt.
So my mother language is Arabic, so sorry for any grammatical error

I'm really happy to be here with all of you
Old 08-11-2008, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by funybuny View Post
I don't think I have seen anyone on this forum who is unwilling to share/help - that's what the whole forum is about! Some people have become more cautious of what they share, only because they have had their pictures stolen and that to me is understandable. I have learned so much here, and it's all only because people have been willing to share. And I hope to pass on things that I have learned to others
I do agree with you, the ladies here are very helpful and really kind
Old 08-11-2008, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by funybuny View Post
I don't think I have seen anyone on this forum who is unwilling to share/help - that's what the whole forum is about! Some people have become more cautious of what they share, only because they have had their pictures stolen and that to me is understandable. I have learned so much here, and it's all only because people have been willing to share. And I hope to pass on things that I have learned to others
I'm so glad you and others are willing to share. You are one of the reasons I come here; you are one of those people I have learned so much from and am so grateful for. But I do want to give an example of what I was referring to in my pp. From the original post, it took until the 2nd page before anyone offered any specific guidance. Practice, practice, practice is great advise, but for her to post her question on here tells me that she has been practicing and needs more guidance. Before she was offered any specific help, she was criticized for her post. That's the kind of thing I have a problem with.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:49

like others,...practice practice practice =)

Don't forget, Karyn's device is coming out soon and I, can't wait for it. It took me awhile on the twisted boutique and I've mastered it. My ONLY problem now is pinwhweel and the simple, basic bow (which i gave up on it..lol). I hv confidence that with her (Karyn's) device, will help me on that *department*.

Happy Bowmaking... =)

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:06

Angry Re: OK, I'm just not getting this!!

I really upsets me that people leave negative replies to someone who is asking a simple question and looking for insight from experienced bow makers. Isn't that what this blog is for? I read a post yesterday that had similar complaints that the bow business is being flooded, products aren't made well, which drives down the cost of product, etc. Well, welcome to business! That is the name of the game with every business, not just bow making. It's always going to be that way and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. I'm not trying to be hateful, but this forum is here ultimately to help. We share ideas, ask advice, etc. I think comments like the extremely negative one left above makes it very scary for people who may NOT be interested in shows, but may just want their daughters to look cute. That's why I do it. To be honest, I made the mistake of paying $17 for a silk flower glued onto a headband. To me that's ridiculous! I started making my own. I have learned a wealth of knowledge from this blog, but certain people's attitudes make my head spin! I don't get it! Maybe it's because it's not my livlihood. Sorry, if I make anyone mad, but to a new bow maker, it's very disheartening to open up, find the courage to post only to receive a negative response.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:15

here is my problem: time and time again someone will come in here with SOMEONE elses bows and say oh this is cute how do I make this! You all are more than happy to tell someone or help someone figure out how to make someone elses bows or what have you. I've even seen someone say on more than one occasion to buy someone elses bow and tear it apart to learn how to make it!!!!!!! To me that is beyond wrong.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Closed Thread