ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-11-2008, 07:00

Default Re: I want perky bows!!! LOL

Just thought I would put my 2 cents in. I too had a very hard time getting it but now I can make bows better than my gator bite can. It all in the fold and the crease. Once you have the correct fold I literaly fold my bow in half then then fold down both those sides and then wrapp with elastic thread several times and the tie off in the back, then I adjust and fluff the loops the way I want them. I know your tired of hearing this "but just keep at it" you'll get it.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-12-2008, 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella01 View Post
I have struggled with this too. What helped me the most (aside from LOTS of practice) was finally getting the ribbon lengths down. I was using too short of ribbons to make really perky bows. I had the fold down, but the ribbon was too short, once I made them longer they perked up. Somewhere on this site is a cheat sheet of lengths for ribbons, I'd look that up if you haven't already seen it.
I am glad you said that because this is something I have been thinking about for a few weeks. I think this is my problem with getting perky bows...I've only been doing this for a few months and kind of rebelliously have just been using whatever lengths I want, but I am seeing that although it might make an alright bow, it isn't filling out the sorrounding ribbon right and it isn't perky! I hate seeing my problem and not knowing how to fix it lol but I think this is it!

I am going to sit down and actually try using recommended lengths for certain widths and see if this can help me improve. I really want to be better at this, as I admire the work alot of you girls on here do! This is a hobby for me but I don't like being mediocre at the things I do and right now I feel like I am. I know with that, you are your own worst critic, but I think in this case I am critiqing myself hard for a reason, because I really do need and want to improve. Practice practice practice!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naneko85 View Post
I am glad you said that because this is something I have been thinking about for a few weeks. I think this is my problem with getting perky bows...I've only been doing this for a few months and kind of rebelliously have just been using whatever lengths I want, but I am seeing that although it might make an alright bow, it isn't filling out the sorrounding ribbon right and it isn't perky! I hate seeing my problem and not knowing how to fix it lol but I think this is it!

I am going to sit down and actually try using recommended lengths for certain widths and see if this can help me improve. I really want to be better at this, as I admire the work alot of you girls on here do! This is a hobby for me but I don't like being mediocre at the things I do and right now I feel like I am. I know with that, you are your own worst critic, but I think in this case I am critiqing myself hard for a reason, because I really do need and want to improve. Practice practice practice!
Glad I could help!!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:21

I finally figured out how you make twisted bows (perky) using a gator bit. When you have your bow center in place pull up on the top bow towards each other. And do the same to the bottom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1709.jpg (53.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2202.jpg (94.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-12-2008, 10:48

I am new...so what is a Gator BIte?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:53

Hair Bow instructions, How To Make Hair Bows, Free Hair Bow Instructions, Free Hair Bow Making...
Do you need Rollabind discs?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmomall5girls View Post
I finally figured out how you make twisted bows (perky) using a gator bit. When you have your bow center in place pull up on the top bow towards each other. And do the same to the bottom
I'm going to have to try this. I think with this lil tip, the correct ribbon lengths and some patience I should achieve perkiness!!!!
Do you need Rollabind discs?

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies