Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-31-2008, 12:05

Default Bottle Cap Hole

What do you use to hold the bottle cap when you drill a whole? I held them and my fingers began to hurt.
Thanks,
Teresa, Kentucky
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 12:33

Default Re: Bottle Cap Hole

uhm..... that can happen - it's why ready-made-caps and cap-crafts are really not that cheap they take a lot of time, and sometimes blood 'n sweat.... You can try holding them with a good pair of pliers, but they'll probably slip before your hands would.... just don't give up and be careful.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:17

i use a hole puncher!

hummm im not shure of the size but i think its 1/16 works like a charm and no blood involved..

Fiskars 2350 1/16" CIRCLE Hand Punch; SHC4-2350 - eBay (item 110267265821 end time Aug-01-08 13:38:09 PDT)

Hi im Liz or liza
Old 07-31-2008, 09:15

How is that strong enough? I have also seen this idea on the internet. Tell me more.
Teresa, Kentucky
Old 11-19-2009, 07:55

Ladies, I know this thread is old but I just purchased the Fiskars hold punch and it isn't working. I have fattened bottle caps so I tried punching it from the top and it smashed the caps so I did it from the bottom. It worked good for a few bottom caps and then stopped punching through them. I would stop clean it, tried to sharpen the end and it would work for a few more and stop again. Does anyone know of a stronger punch? Something more industrial (LOL)!!

Also, I am using modge podge to glue down my images but they just seem to float on top and not really glue flat. I am worried the resin is going to get underneath and ruin the print.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Susan
Old 11-19-2009, 08:00

Ok ladies - go and do a search on the forum for Bottlecap Hole punch tool -- I hav eone - and LOVE it!!!!! It is used for jewelry making and has a beveled edge!!!! I love it! I can whip through hundreds of caps easily!!! My 3 year old is out of patience, http://www.cooltools.us/Hole-Punch-P...-p/plr-100.htm

this is the exact one I have - it comes with a replacement beveled edge - hole is totally fine and fits a split ring beautifully!!!
Shelley
Old 11-19-2009, 08:44

I also have the cool tool one and it works great-not hard to punch at all-my 4 yr old g.daughter can do it-sometimes not in the right place though. I have used it probably 100 times and still is sharp and I haven't changed or sharpen it yet.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:21

Thanks Ladies, I will order this one. My little Fiskars just can't handle the job! LOL! It was not easy at all and would never have gone through 1a 100. Do you punch from the top side or from the bottom? What about the glue problem? Do you the xyron sticker way or e6000 glue?

Susan
Old 11-19-2009, 10:45

Talking Re: Bottle Cap Hole

Ladies, I forgot to ask what size split rings do you use to attach the chain with.

Sue
Old 11-19-2009, 10:54

WE are waiting for our punch from cool tools (it's taking FOREVER, but we are in Canada). In the mean time my husband just bought grippy work gloves to wear while drilling. No complaints yet!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg