New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-08-2007, 05:57

Oriental Trading used to sell the little black rubber part that goes into the hole of the croc, like on the jibbitz. Sorry not sure what that is called. You can check their website, but I don't know what you would search. If I can find one of my catalogs, I will get back with you with a product number.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40

Never thought of using a button, but what is a shank. I am having a little trouble understand the instructions. Also, I couldn' t get the pictures to enlarge. Debbie please let us know what you fing. Sarah, that kids love these things on there crocs. They would be so cute if we could attach some bows!! Even my 2 year old has some crocs!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:21

It's funny that this post is here tonight. A lady in town makes these- and I saw them for the first time today. I didn't see how they are attached- but she uses that little push button thingy that is on the jibblitz. (I am not really cool and know about all this stuff..but I do watch Oprah..and the lady was on there! LOL)
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38

Smile

in case anyone is interested

http://www.orientaltrading.com/appli...SHMENT+DOODADS
Old 11-09-2007, 03:30

Yes that is what you can use. Thanks for the link amypunkin. I will have to add this to my to do list.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:41

do you think just hot glueing it to the top of the fastner will hold it?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35

Hi everyone, !st post here and want to start by saying Thank you to all of you who help those of us who need a little help learning these new crafts. Also I ordered from oriental trading today and can't wait to start making these. I haven't seen anyone in my area wearing them and I think they will go over huge. (I hope) Anyway good luck to all of you and thanks again! Lisa
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22

I'm really nervous to use those croc 'doodads', I just don't know how well the bow would stay on, there isn't much surface to attach it to. I've seen other ladies (sorry no links!) who attach them to an alligator clip or a small french barrette. I personally think the alligator clip would slip out but the french barrettes are perfect. I haven't made any yet, but if you slide a french barrette through the holes, there is nothing pokey touching the foot, and the barrette would be concealed by the bow and they wouldn't fall off very easily. It think that's what I'm going to use when I make them.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:51

I saw a site were the maker used wire and glue to attach the bow. as well as scotch gaurd them!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
I'm really nervous to use those croc 'doodads', I just don't know how well the bow would stay on, there isn't much surface to attach it to. I've seen other ladies (sorry no links!) who attach them to an alligator clip or a small french barrette. I personally think the alligator clip would slip out but the french barrettes are perfect. I haven't made any yet, but if you slide a french barrette through the holes, there is nothing pokey touching the foot, and the barrette would be concealed by the bow and they wouldn't fall off very easily. It think that's what I'm going to use when I make them.
That would probably work better!! You could display them on crocs at a craft show to show people other ways to use bows on French clips!! Very cute Idea!!
Sponsored Links