New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:11

Cool No-Slip Clip Grips Sets

This is how I am making my No-Slip Clip Grip sets. I decided not to put the no-slip material directly on the clips because some people don't want it. So, my customers can buy this set for 0.50 which comes with 4 permanent stick-on strips and 2 removable slide-on tubes. I will show an example of each on an actual clip so they know what they're buying. It is extremely cheap and easy to do. Check out the photos.

All you need is:
A package of 100 2" x 3" plastic bags from HL ($1.00 on sale)
A package of 1.25" x 5 ft Magic Tub and Floor Sealer Trim from WM(about $4)
A package of Aqua Culture 8 ft Standard Airline Tubing from the fish section at WM (about $1-$2)
A package of Invent It Print and Stick Project Paper (I got mine from the $1 Store)
An inkjet printer for printing the labels, a pair of scissors for cutting grips, and a ruler if you wish for measuring pieces

All you do is:
1) Print labels, cut apart and stick to baggies
2) Put 2 pieces of tubing cut to 1 inch in each bag
3) Put 4 pieces of sealer trim cut 1/4 inch wide in each bag

As you can see from the photo, one of my sealer pieces isn't exactly cut straight, but that was my first bag.

Easy, quick, simple, cheap. I figure 50 cents isn't too much to see these for, but I might do 25 cents each instead. I don't know. Either way, they only cost me about 5-10 cents each to make.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2007, 09:18

Ok, I am confused about the tubing stuff. Is it very flexible, in my mind, I see it being a little thick and that would keep the clip from closing completely and it would also feel awakard on the head. This idea is completely new to me.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:21

The tubing is pretty thin. It doesn't prevent the clip from closing because it slides over the bottom prong of the clip, which is bare. It really works in my dd's fine baby hair, plus the great part is you can hardly see it! I would prefer this to the stick-on, personally. Imagine a straw being slid over the bottom prong, but it's flexible. Maybe that doesn't make sense. Anyway, that's more what it's like. I'll post a pic here in a second.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:22

Ok I hope I don't sound stupid but I'm a little lost as to how it works. I have never bought any bows that are no slip but I'm very interested in how this works, since my daughter has very thin hair she will complain about her bows slipping. Could you maybe show me a picture of a bow with this on it? Thanks!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30

Okay, maybe these pics will help.

Here it is with the clip open. It appears as if the tube extends past the end of the clip, but it doesn't It goes exactly to the end and doesn't hang over.

Here is is with the clip closed. It closes all the way.

Here it is in my hair (dd is napping). You can't even see it because it is on the bottom prong, which is underneath the hair. Invisible!

Does that help any?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28

where does the stick on stuff go? on the top? is it instead of the tubing or with it?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:35

Thats a very clever idea!!
I'm going to have to try the tubing. We just got an aquarium and we have a ton of tubing left

Old 11-06-2007, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4251 View Post
where does the stick on stuff go? on the top? is it instead of the tubing or with it?
The stick-on goes inside the clip on the top. In other words, it covers the part where you've wrapped the center of the bow around the clip and glued on the underside of the top of the clip. Make sense?

You use either the stick-on or the slide-on tubing, not both. The reason I prefer the tubing is because it is hidden underneath the hair, so it's invisible. The stick-on is fine, but it sometimes shows. The key to help it not show is to cut it about 1/4" wide in order for it not to show out the sides.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:09

oh neat thanks for sharing!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:24

Cool Beans!! Now I see, very clever.