key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-02-2007, 09:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff705 View Post
Amalia,

LOL.... my last name is Kelsay, I get that so much! LOL! The tutu group is called Tutu_Tips and it was free to join! Here is the link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tutu_Tips/
This group is VERY helpful, they do group tulle buys and great free instructions!

~Sarah~
LOL, I realized it after I saw another post from you and read it...I'm sorry SARAH I feel so silly now
a friend had referred me to the group already but they had my old email addy, so I wasn't getting any of the emails. LOL all fix now, so I'm be able to post soon and introduce myself.
thanks,
Amalia
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 10:02

Does anyone wrap their tutus with satin ribbon? I did not see any instructions on wrapping. I have not tried this, just heard about people doing this.
thanks
amy o

just want to add...use a rotary cutter and mat for cutting the tulle...much easier than using scissors!

Last edited by sloamo; 08-07-2007 at 11:04.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14

I have a set of instructions that came w/ a hairbow set. I havent tried it because my girls arent into the tutu thing I may do some just to put under skirts though to give them lift and detail for my halloween skirts. That would be cute w/ orange and black kat

JJ on FB
Old 08-10-2007, 11:31

that's a great tutorial. I made my daugher a tutu the other day for pics. I started out doing it this way but it wasn't fluffy enough for me. so i just tied it on with a double knot. (first knot loose, second knot tight) I used a ton of tulle but it was nice and full just like I wanted. I bought the tulle on a roll in the bridal section of joanns. I just had to cut it to the length that I wanted. Here's a pic of my youngest dd in her tutu.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:24
Administrator

She's so adorable. Great job.

Michelle
Old 08-12-2007, 07:51

Misty, GREAT JOB!! and your daughter is adorable! Love the tutu colors. my favorite color!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52

Smile

I know this is an older thread but I saw someone asked about wrapping the waistband with ribbon. I have a website with instructions for tutus and wrapping the waistband. It's www.nosewtutu.com
Old 11-13-2007, 03:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacijoscreations View Post
I know this is an older thread but I saw someone asked about wrapping the waistband with ribbon. I have a website with instructions for tutus and wrapping the waistband. It's www.nosewtutu.com
Actually, that was me! And I already posted on your "Tutus Bows & More" asking for a better explanation, cause I didn't understand.

I did end up figuring it out, I think it was just my ribbon was too stiff. So, for those of you who are thinking of buying the "satin" ribbon in the 10 yard roll for $4.99 from Hobby Lobby (by the floral section) - DON'T! It's way stiff and makes it extremely bulky.

I ended up buying a 12 ft roll from Walmart and it worked well.

EDIT: Okay, I asked on a different thread, the candy cane tutu thread.

Last edited by ruby2; 11-13-2007 at 03:14.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:44

Thumbs up Re: tutus

raxiax h
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg