Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-01-2008, 02:33
Default Question about layered bows?

So, when you make a layered boutique bow and you have 2 bows on top of each other, do you make the bottom bow the same shape as the top one, only bigger? I've seen many layered bows (with fringe and loops) and in pics you can't really see the bottom bow. Like most top bows are boutique/butterfly bows that I've seen but I can't tell if the bottom one is also a boutique bow. Do you layer them top on top bottoms together facing each other?

ETA: Look at these beautiful bows.

Etsy :: teachemyoung :: Ginger Blossom Hair Bows M2M with Pink and Cream

Are those bottom bows bottom to bottom or on top of each other facing up? Does that make sense? Her bottom bows are so nicely shaped. Is the bottom bow bigger that the top? It's so hard to tell in pictures. Great bow though.

Last edited by SandyL; 07-01-2008 at 02:40.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2008, 04:14
Default Re: Question about layered bows?

Originally Posted by jillbug1025 View Post
Those bows are beautiful! I would think the bottom bow is bigger than the top. I make mine layered bottom to bottom. My spikes seem to lay flat better that way. Learned that tip from a hipgirl! I *think* thats a boutique bow on the bottom but I'm not a bow genius like most of these wonderful crafty ladies on here!
Thanks. I thought those bows were bottom to bottom.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:18

Lightbulb! Bottom to bottom! I have been working on that style bows and can't seem to get it. It is because I need to turn the bow over!! I can't believe it is that easy. Thanks so much.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:22

Excuse my dumb question...but what does "bottom to bottom" mean?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-15-2008, 12:11

It means, the bottom side of the bow, like the side that's kinda ugly where the peaks arn't perfet and also are sewed on (if you sew your bows), are placed together so that they lay flush with eachother. I hope that helps. It sounds kinda kinky, huh. lol!!!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:21

OK, call me silly, so when you make a layered bow or stacked bow you don't put both bows face up, one on top of each other? So until you put it on a clip or whatever, it could be used either side because both sides would be the front? HMMM, could this be why my stacked bows seem so thick?
Sponsored Links