http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-02-2007, 10:35

Default Crochet headbands...Im lost

Be gentle and try not to laugh too much at this but I am so lost.

All I want is a crochet headband with a flower. Thats it. How hard can that be, right?

I have searched this site and found lots of useful information once I figure out how to start making them.

Can someone help me? My store could be so tiny that they dont carry it...Idk.

I searched walmart and Michaels for the crochet bands...I cant find these anywhere. What dept might they be in?

The flowers that you put on them do these come from those big flowers on the stems? Are their special flowers not on the stems for stuff like this?

Where are some instructions for this? If I need to buy them from someone is there a headband making for dummies book? That is what I need I think. lol

Finally, what supplies would I need? I have a glue gun already.

I know these are basic questions, but I am feeling overwhelmed when I just wanted a band with a flower.

If there is a begin here, this is what you need to get started thread I missed it. Sorry.

Thanks for any help or advice.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 11-02-2007, 11:32

There are several places you can buy the headbands online and on ebay. just do a search for crochet headbands. Somebody also said they found them at Family Dollar - a set of 3 for $1! I got some and they have worked just great. If you want to add a flower I would suggest that you wrap the seam with some ribbon (either satin or grosgrain) with hot glue or fabri-tac (which you can buy at wal-mart for like $5). Then you can hot glue your flower on. I have searched for cute flowers and have had a hard time. You can just buy silk flowers from a craft store (like Michaels). You would take apart the head of the flower and hot glue it all back together. Then glue the flower to the headband! Very simple. Also, you could make a loop on your headband (so you wouldn't glue the ribbon around the entire thing - just the back) and then attach the flower to a clip. That way you can interchange what flowers go on the headband! tada. Hope that helps.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:36

Thanks for the help. My head is just spinning. lol I think maybe I need to get some sleep and try this again tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:36

I looked tonight.

Go to www.creativekiddos.com she has flowers and the bands. She is also in this group. I think Michele has a link at the top of the page ^^^.

I haven't played around with these yet- but when I go to the dollar store tomorrow will get some. (I take that back.. I bought some.. but my daughter wears them daily!- I just haven't had any for my buisness!)
Old 11-02-2007, 11:46

If you have a Kohls, they also have some crochet headbands. Good luck!

ISO: manners
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57

Wow, Heather!

Your name does you justice! creative! I wouldn't of thought to do that with the crochet headbands...those are adorable!

ISO: manners
Old 11-03-2007, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
Hi, this is Heather from Creative Kiddos are you looking to buy something like one of the bands in the photo below or do you just want to by a headband and a flower and make it yourself??? I made the ones below and would be happy to make a custom one for you or tell you how you can make it yourself.

Heather

Well I was just wanting to buy a bow to match her christmas dress. I found the marabou was pretty but I couldnt find any colors to match, then I thought about the crochet band with just a flower on it to match her dress...and have had no success. That is why I wanted to just make her one but it looks like it may be easier to buy it for now seeing as how we got pics to do soon. lol

My baby is 1 yrs old and pretty hairless right on top so I thought the bands would be best. Im gonna try to post a pic of a dress almost exactly like hers the color is the same.

If you can make something that will look good with her dress, please pm me with any thoughts you may have.

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...y%3D9&R=KRD587
Old 11-03-2007, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
Hi, this is Heather from Creative Kiddos are you looking to buy something like one of the bands in the photo below or do you just want to by a headband and a flower and make it yourself??? I made the ones below and would be happy to make a custom one for you or tell you how you can make it yourself.

Heather

those are too cute! i love how you did the ribbon through them

Old 11-03-2007, 02:28

Those headbands are so cute. I really like the pink one. Added to my to do list!!
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich73 View Post
Be gentle and try not to laugh too much at this but I am so lost.

All I want is a crochet headband with a flower. Thats it. How hard can that be, right?

I have searched this site and found lots of useful information once I figure out how to start making them.

Can someone help me? My store could be so tiny that they dont carry it...Idk.

I searched walmart and Michaels for the crochet bands...I cant find these anywhere. What dept might they be in?

The flowers that you put on them do these come from those big flowers on the stems? Are their special flowers not on the stems for stuff like this?

Where are some instructions for this? If I need to buy them from someone is there a headband making for dummies book? That is what I need I think. lol

Finally, what supplies would I need? I have a glue gun already.

I know these are basic questions, but I am feeling overwhelmed when I just wanted a band with a flower.

If there is a begin here, this is what you need to get started thread I missed it. Sorry.

Thanks for any help or advice.
I just went to walmart yesterday and found the crochet headbands...in the girls department...not infant, but big girl, the are on a rounder inside the clothes department...there were like 6-9 of them in a set for either $1.98 or $2.98....all different colors! I paid WAAAAAAAY more than that on eBay--so check out wally world...also, Michelle has instructions to make the flowers in the "how to make" section. I agree, when stressed...just buy one already made...which is exactly what I do! I joined this forum for inspriation--and found tons...so even if you buy the band to match her dress, take a deep breath, and sit down at your computer and check out the instructions on how to make bands for her--and you'll be amazed at what you can make...you'll be proud too when othere mom's say how cute she looks!!!
Sponsored Links