key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-19-2008, 01:26

Question Everyone's Latest Challenge?

Newbies & Old (not implying anyone is old, 'kay) Pros:

What are you working to perfect?

If you're new to bow making like me, you probably have alot, but I'm sure everyone has something.
I've been obsessing over making the perfect rose (been using the method shown on youtube; Shyone44 posted it once YouTube - folded ribbon rose: kurdele ile katlamalı gül=). Getting better & better (i just have trouble finishing it & making it unfold right)... But I love roses, so it will be the coolest thing when I can make rose bows for my dd! Other than them, I continue the struggle to consistently make my bows perky..

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:28

Default Re: Everyone's Latest Challenge?

PS. Thank you to Shyone 44 for posting those instructions-Made me so happy to find them!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:40

At this point I will just be happy when I can get my loops the same size! It isnt as easy as I thought it was going to be!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesilyn70607 View Post
At this point I will just be happy when I can get my loops the same size! It isnt as easy as I thought it was going to be!
I know, I know... No matter what I do something is always a little (or alot) off...
Old 06-19-2008, 01:54

I know to most of you "pros" this may seem silly.....but i can never get my loops the same when making the butterfly. I have tried glueing one at a time and that still doesn't help. I have one set of instructions I forgot from which website (perhaps this one), however maybe someone has some helpful pointers on this one.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurennicole630 View Post
i can never get my loops the same when making the butterfly.
Oh yeah! That is actually my biggest challenge... I've actually been blocking my failed attempts from my thoughts because it's too much to deal with. I gave up on them to work on roses because I figure I have a fighting challenge with the roses. The butterfly, which ostensibly one wouldn't think would be too difficult, has kicked my butt. I cannot figure out how to get those loops to stay still or how to make them look right once I finally beat them into submission.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:14

My struggle lately is getting my room in order. I try to do a little everyday. I had no idea how much ribbon I have. Everything is scattered in boxes and bags. So far I have sorted some things and slowly but surely it's coming along. I swear I am ADHD! I spend about 15-20 minutes in the room then I move onto something else. Hopefully Hubby will get me some more shelves if I show that I am trying to clean it up. I think he's lost the faith.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:44

Right now, I'm obsessed with making nice croc bows to match all of dd's hairbows. Well, maybe not all of them since she has about 80 hairbows. Also, I'm going to try fabric stiffener for the first time and see how it works. Any advise on that?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:25

Can you say everything LOL I just got my bow maker from TRR and the first bow actually looked normal

Parker Mason 6
Rhi 2 1/2
Old 06-19-2008, 05:18

What do you use to attach the bows to her crocs. The little plastic thingys I tried just kept popping apart.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies