http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-20-2008, 02:03

Default Re: Everyone's Latest Challenge?

well i'm just working on inventory and perfecting my assembly line. I made 30 bows in 3 days, which i dont think is too bad. Day one, cut all ribbon including the ribbon to line clippies and the center knots, and make the center knots. Day 2, fold all the bows and get them perfect. I had to do that in like 3 sittings though, it was kinda hard to do that. Then day 3, I glued and assembled everything. It took 2 or 3 sittings to do that too.

But I was pretty happy with the way they turned out. And I got alot of stock made. THey were simple basic boutique and pinwheel bows.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23

Time! I have a full time and it seems that by the time i get home fix a bite to eat it is time to go to bed! My biggest challenge is those darn head bands! grr!
I can't seem to get them!
Holley
Old 06-20-2008, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by satwood View Post
I like to make the toddler piggy bows for my dd and now some friends want to buy them so I bought 55 different colors of ribbon in 1 yard increments and I'm making 110 piggy bows! I have basically every color imaginable and so far I've made 18 sets...so 36...and lots more to go...then I'm going to try a headband...then on to a loopy surround bow! Wish me luck!

Oh and I can't get my bows right either but oh well...that is why I like the piggy bows!
What does the "piggy" bow look like? ....
Old 06-20-2008, 09:54

I am trying to master the firecracker bow. The first on I did was great, but now I can not seem to get them right. i don't know what I am doing wrong.
Jackie
Old 06-20-2008, 02:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurennicole630 View Post
What does the "piggy" bow look like? ....
I'm trying to find a good picture of one. Basically it is a little bow, about 3 inches across and not too fancy. I make them in sets of two so my daughter can wear them in her tiny pigtails(since she decided to cut off her beautiful long hair into a pixie cut last year). They are so easy to make and don't cost a lot so if she gets it dirty or loses it it isn't a big deal!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:17

I am trying to learn how to market my products! I really need this to be a second income for my family, or to daycare it is. Let the Mommy guilt begin.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurennicole630 View Post
I know to most of you "pros" this may seem silly.....but i can never get my loops the same when making the butterfly. I have tried glueing one at a time and that still doesn't help. I have one set of instructions I forgot from which website (perhaps this one), however maybe someone has some helpful pointers on this one.
Butterflies are hard. I use a two pronged alligator clip and after I fold the top two loops, then try to stick the bottom two in without letting the first two go. Once I like what it looks like I stitch the middle. It takes some practice and I'm still not perfect. Even harder is putting the korker body on.....ugh!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:52

My husband..............