http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-19-2008, 06:19

Default Re: Everyone's Latest Challenge?

I like to make the toddler piggy bows for my dd and now some friends want to buy them so I bought 55 different colors of ribbon in 1 yard increments and I'm making 110 piggy bows! I have basically every color imaginable and so far I've made 18 sets...so 36...and lots more to go...then I'm going to try a headband...then on to a loopy surround bow! Wish me luck!

Oh and I can't get my bows right either but oh well...that is why I like the piggy bows!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 06:35

Right now, I'm working on perfecting my woven headbands. I've got the weave down, but I'm having a hard time keeping the ribbon pulled tight.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:03

Getting my loops even on all my bows is definitely a challenge, but my biggest headache right now seems that darn basic boutique bow. I feel that right angles are the key, but how do I get them to do it! lol

Michelle L.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:49

I absolutely cannot get the woven headbands down. My brain just goes on overload or something. Also, those flower bows (with the free insructions on TRR)... I cannot get those "petals" even, one always is a bit longer for some reason. Although I've slipped them in as a freebie for customers here and there and they tell me I need to add them to my website.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:12

Just getting time. Good quality time. I dont get started until about 10 pm after I get my dc to sleep and get the house straightened up...and I end upstaying up until 1 or so!! I love doing it and am so excited when doing it I just dont want to stop. I usually have to force myself to quit!! And now we are moving....ugh...I think I just took too much on too quick! I am also participating in a bow swap on a mom board and just trying to figure out the best things to send out!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:02

Right now, I've been working on making bigger bows. I do not know why, but every time I make a bow, I saw I'll do a big one (big is over 3 inches for me lol) It never ends up that way lol. I end up making it smaller. I also am working more on stacked bows trying to make them look right. I get lots of compliments, but I am a perfectionist and they justu don't look great to me!

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Because kids get cancer, too.
*Proud Mommy to 3 great kids!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabowtique View Post
Just getting time. Good quality time. I dont get started until about 10 pm after I get my dc to sleep and get the house straightened up...and I end upstaying up until 1 or so!!
Hey, a fellow night owl! I don't have time to work on my bows until late at night either. Joining this board is not helping though... I'm spending bow time on this board lately. Fortunately, my dd has tons of bows already, so there's no rush to get them done (I only make them for her & lately, as the bows have gotten presentable, for friends).
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by satwood View Post
I like to make the toddler piggy bows for my dd and now some friends want to buy them so I bought 55 different colors of ribbon in 1 yard increments and I'm making 110 piggy bows!
Wow! That's so great of you to do that for her friends--that's a whole lotta bows! Good luck, Stephanie.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:37

yep, those butterfly bows are a pain in the hiney!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnykindagirl72 View Post
Wow! That's so great of you to do that for her friends--that's a whole lotta bows! Good luck, Stephanie.
Thanks! I'm going so slow...thanks goodness they don't have anyone else to buy from except me. Now I have to figure out what to charge for them. I was thinking about 2.50 or 3.00 for a set with a covered clip and even a matching clippie but I'm not sure yet. I haven't sold anything and I hate dealing with money. I always feel like I'm overcharging!

Oh and I forgot that I also have 2 tutus that one of the same girls that wants some bows wants me to make for her friend's two little girls. I will be busy this weekend!

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif