http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008, 02:24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 120
Default Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

I tried using the 'C' pad that is for the different brands of dies, and when I turned the handle I felt like I was going to break my Cuttlebug because it was SO hard to turn.

So then I tried the regular Cuttlebug 'B' pad, and it still didn't cut all the way. I'm trying to cut felt. I tried putting a shim in there and that didn't work either. I did it foam side up, just like with the Cuttlebug dies.

Does anyone know how to use Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008, 02:37
J.Marie Designs's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kodiak, Alaska
Posts: 277
Default Re: Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

Sometimes I add an extra lil shim of cardstock or chipboard.
__________________
~Jana~
My Blog
My Etsy
Do you need Rollabind discs?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008, 08:48
woodkath's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Westminster, South Carolina
Posts: 946
Default Re: Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

I still have a couple of sizzix alphabets and some embossing dies that are for sale if anyone wants them...I interchange the sizzix and cuttlebug dies with my sidekick and never have a problem...It did feel that my machine was going to "crack" open the first several times I have used it; however, I think it needed to be "broken in" if that makes sense...Now it doesn't do that at all.
__________________
www.lilgoosebowtique.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 120
Default Re: Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

Have you guys used felt to cut, or just paper?

The breaking in thing does make sense, I am just scared I'm going to break the machine because the handle is so hard to turn!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008, 03:41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 120
Default Re: Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly_21 View Post
I've cut felt before, and nothing happened.
Was it really hard to turn the handle? Also, did you put the foam side 'Up', using the 'C' pad thingy?

Thanks!! If this is how you did it I'll try it again and just hope I don't break it.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2008, 04:33
craftshack's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 56
Default Re: Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkath View Post
I still have a couple of sizzix alphabets and some embossing dies that are for sale if anyone wants them...I interchange the sizzix and cuttlebug dies with my sidekick and never have a problem...It did feel that my machine was going to "crack" open the first several times I have used it; however, I think it needed to be "broken in" if that makes sense...Now it doesn't do that at all.
I am very interested in purchasing your alphabets and die cuts. My email is
[email protected]
Please let me know, Joan
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2008, 08:36
woodkath's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Westminster, South Carolina
Posts: 946
Default Re: Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftshack View Post
I am very interested in purchasing your alphabets and die cuts. My email is
[email protected]
Please let me know, Joan
I just sent you an email!!
__________________
www.lilgoosebowtique.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2008, 10:59
Angels's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond/Sugarland,Texas
Posts: 302
Default Re: Anyone used Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug? I'm having probs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella01 View Post
I tried using the 'C' pad that is for the different brands of dies, and when I turned the handle I felt like I was going to break my Cuttlebug because it was SO hard to turn.

So then I tried the regular Cuttlebug 'B' pad, and it still didn't cut all the way. I'm trying to cut felt. I tried putting a shim in there and that didn't work either. I did it foam side up, just like with the Cuttlebug dies.

Does anyone know how to use Sissix dies with the Cuttlebug?
I did this yesterday this is how I did it.

B pad
felt
sissix die (upside down not like cuttlebugs)
B pad

thats what the book said to do the one that came with the cuttlebug
it worked fine for me
__________________
Wendi


Last edited by Angels; 06-19-2008 at 11:02.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sissix and Cuttlebug on sale at Jo-anns mdb78 Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets 1 10-05-2008 11:51
Best Dies for Sizzix/Cutttlebug/Etc. baby_boo Product Review--Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets 0 06-13-2008 08:14
Cuttlebug fragglerock Supplies 3 04-13-2008 08:07

New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger