Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-27-2013, 10:41

Default What's the best way to make BottleCap centers

Okay so I am completely knew to this. I have been making bows and I have been wanting to put center pieces in them and one of them has been bottlecaps. I bought some but I think it would be so much better to just make my own. I get you need the image, circle punch, glue and bottlecap, after that I'm clueless. I hear about epoxy dots, modge podge, et lite, etc. I have no clue about anything but the epoxy dots, but I've seen the finish products from resin I think they are called and they are really pretty and I hear are a lot better. So I was wondering if anyone is able to like help me, give me instructions or something about how to make them what exactly to do. Sorry if it's too much. I've read other forums but I feel like they don't really explain it much to me. I'm a newbie to the extreme.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2013, 01:00

Default Re: What's the best way to make BottleCap centers

The best thing to do is print your own images and make your own! If you look in the supplies category on this forum too, there are a ton of free images you can download and print. Make sure that your print them on photo paper (I print mine at Walmart or walgreens). For me the easiest thing to use is epoxy dots. If your just starting out use a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby for the dots until you get the hang of it. Just print our your image, punch it out and put the dot on top. Make sure that you don't get any finger prints on the dot, it will show! Then from there I put a little super glue on the image and pop it in the cap. It's much easier to put the dot on the image before you put it in the cap. If you need any more help let me know!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:04

Thank you! Yeah I was thinking of using the epoxy dots because they seem easier, but then I read more posts about using the et lite or modge podge and I'm like okay I'm back to being clueless again, lol. I've heard of Hobby Lobby, where can you get coupons for Hobby Lobby??
Old 11-16-2013, 08:53

Hi! There are also lots of instructional videos on YouTube if you want to try using modge podge, diamond glaze etc. But I agree the easiest way is using epoxy dots

Facebook/1DollarCapImages
Old 11-16-2013, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeniebows View Post
Thank you! Yeah I was thinking of using the epoxy dots because they seem easier, but then I read more posts about using the et lite or modge podge and I'm like okay I'm back to being clueless again, lol. I've heard of Hobby Lobby, where can you get coupons for Hobby Lobby??
Hobby Lobby has a new coupon every week on their website. hobbylobby.com
You can also download their app and they will take the coupon with you just showing them it on your phone. If you have never been there be prepared.. It will become an addiction! Lol
Sponsored Links