http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-16-2008, 12:20

Default Advice on selling wholesale or to business's

I had a lady send me a message wanting to know if I was interested in sending her a few things (tutu's, bows) to sell at her consignment shop she just opened.
She wants me to send her some stuff and then she will give me the money when they sell. She was going to make a display and everything.
But is it really worth my time or "MY MONEY" to do that?
Does anyone have any advice for this kind of situation? I sell mostly locally (no business's yet) and online. So this is my first experience with this.
Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2008, 12:46

Default Re: Advice on selling wholesale or to business's

You should try to do a search on this, I don't sell any bows so I'm not going to be much help. I think this has been talked about so maybe you can get some good ideas off of a search. Good luck!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:57

Hi,
I'm opening a consignment store in 2 weeks and it could have been me that sent you the message. Was it on etsy? If you price the items for what you value its worth including the percentage the owner will keep I feel it is worth the money. I sell my hair bows at a consignment store in Texas and also worked there. I mark up my bows to cover the cut. I sell a few hundred dollars worh a month. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsx3 View Post
Hi,
I'm opening a consignment store in 2 weeks and it could have been me that sent you the message. Was it on etsy? If you price the items for what you value its worth including the percentage the owner will keep I feel it is worth the money. I sell my hair bows at a consignment store in Texas and also worked there. I mark up my bows to cover the cut. I sell a few hundred dollars worh a month. Let me know if you have any other questions.
No I don't have etsy yet. So it wasn't me you messaged...lol. So how does shipping work? Me or her?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:27

I don't think I would ever just give my stuff for someone to sell without them buying them. I do have my bows up at a hair salon in my home town, but I know that girl so every so often she'll send me the check and we do it that way-but only because I know her...but I would make someone buy them from me if I didn't know them.

I think it's hard to do bows wholesale. Yeah, they could cost next to nothing to make, but it's the time that it takes to make them that is hard for me to think that if I sold someone a bow for $2.00 and they sell it for $5.00, they are making more money off it than I did and I'm the one that did all of the work. If you did wholesale, I would put a minimum order on it just so it seems more worthwhile to you.
Sponsored Links