http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-02-2013, 11:37

Default designing ribbon to send in to the supplier

I hope someone can help me. I had put together the idea for some custom ribbon with a "friend" I supplied the ideas and shes the one that actually put them together on the computer. Im feeling like I got burned on the whole deal now. I have decided I will not work with her again. I know she used gimp and paint to put the designs together. But I dont know how! And paint and gimp is all she will tell me. Has anyone ever designed their own ribbon and sent it in to be printed? Do you mind giving me tips on how to do it?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-03-2013, 06:35

Default Re: designing ribbon to send in to the supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelTx View Post
I hope someone can help me. I had put together the idea for some custom ribbon with a "friend" I supplied the ideas and shes the one that actually put them together on the computer. Im feeling like I got burned on the whole deal now.
How do you feel you got burned? Did she not deliver as agreed?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08

I really dont want to get into it since I dont know if she is a hip girl or not.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelTx View Post
I really dont want to get into it since I dont know if she is a hip girl or not.
I'm just trying to figure out the part of the process that went wrong for you: design, print, or delivery of finished goods.
Are you asking how to design ribbon?

Are you asking how to print ribbon?

Are you asking how to find a reliable person to do this job for you?

Are you asking how the process of contracting with a person to do this kind of job usually works?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:50

Im actually wanting to know what I need to do to design the ribbon using paint or gimp, ie: how to input pics, does the design need to be 1in like the ribbon will be or does the design need to be scaled down to 1in width.

The price was right, everything went smoothly until the supplier posted the pictures on his website. Im not in no way complaining that others can buy this ribbon from the supplier. As I know you either have to buy a certain amount of ribbon or pay the supplier to not reprint it. My problem was at first she gave me credit for the ribbon and told everyone they would have to order from me. The day after the ribbon was printed (I still havent gotten mine, it was ordered yesterday) One of her friends had commented under the pic that she wanted the ribbon, I commented back saying it had to be ordered from me not the "friend". She said No Im getting it from her, she can explain it! I went to this persons page and she had the pictures posted and commented Look at the new ribbon Im getting in! The "friend" many hours later got back with me saying "oh Im going to buy 8yds from you at cost and give them to her to make my DD bows" She didnt bother to ask if I had sold all in pre-sale. I just think its kind of shady the way she handled it all. Not only that but she wants this ribbon at cost, but when I helped her close out her buy in ribbon shes charging me what shes charging everyone else. Id rather just not deal with her on a personal level any longer.
Sorry thats so long. Its a little hard to explain in a few words.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44

Well... not specifically Paint or Gimp, but I did a Google search and came up with a couple of things. Maybe you can adapt them to your needs:
Photoshop: www.imtopsyturvy.com/make-your-own-personalized-ribbon

Microsoft Word: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLayEIHhNO0
There may be no other way to learn how other than jumping in and just figuring it out. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:33

Thank You!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif