ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-23-2013, 01:06

Default Re: really cute duct tape heart or flower...

Here's a tut that I found for the heart I hope it helps you!
http://youtu.be/YCykIfQbDNg
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-23-2013, 02:33

[QUOTE=5girls;1325378]Thanks for the link. I am sure my daughters would have a blast making these..... now, if I can only find cheaper duct tape.
speaking of duct tape, when my son was 15 he had a bone disease and had to have several surgeries. He was on crutches for 2 1/2 years and became very bored with the plain silver coloring.....he duct taped his crutches in camo colors. He had mny compliments on those things.

Wow, 2 1/2yrs with crutches, God Bless him!! Glad he was able to decorate the crutches at least! Hope he is all better now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMum View Post
I have used my 40% off coupon for duct tape (seems like the "duck" brand has the most colors!) at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. It ends up being about $3/roll.

These flowers look like a lot of fun. Think I will use this during summer break for a quiet craft to keep my girls busy while my little one naps!
I Just picked some up at Michaels with a 40% off coupon. They had tons of prints & 2 of the new pastel colors. They had them in 3 different places though, so I'm glad I asked where they were!!

I also found some prints at Walmart. They were $3.36 a roll, so alot cheaper than the normal price at Michaels, but they only had 1 that I was looking for. Michaels had more of a selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabear74 View Post
Just a heads up to everyone....I have noticed with the pattern duct tape that it doesn't hold quite as well as the plain/colored duct tape. When I do my final row on the bottom of the flower I add a few drops of hot glue to secure it in place......
Thanks for the head's up on that!!! Will be extra careful with prints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife141810 View Post
Here's a tut that I found for the heart I hope it helps you!
http://youtu.be/YCykIfQbDNg
That is AWESOME!! I think I could make the heart shape now!! Thanks!!! I found a couple other videos on making swirled duct tape flowers, and was able to get a good idea on how to place the colors for different swirled effects.

Couldn't find one with the rolled petals. But it looks like you just roll them like you do the first one for the center, then maybe you use a skinny piece of tape to wrap around them a few at a time? Idk..
Old 08-29-2013, 10:56

I know this is old but, did you ever find the tut on how to make the rolled petal flower? We are doing a fundraiser and I think these would sale.

Thanks,
Tara
Old 09-01-2013, 09:31

I never did find a free tutorial, but there is one for sale on etsy. I think it's the first link I had posted originally. Good luck with your fundraiser!! And if you find a free tut, please post a link. I'd love to see it too!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11

Ok I found this on you tube it looks like the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHtE7FXJ3FM
Old 09-04-2013, 09:36

AWESOME!! Thanks for posting that!!! I was trying to figure it out with just duct tape, and I guess from what she says in the video, there is a way to do that, but I sure couldn't figure it out. This duct tape & hot glue method will work for me! Looks like it hasn't been up on youtube very long either. (I had given up, lol) So glad you posted it!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies