new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-14-2013, 10:55
Default Headbands...

This really isn't business related so to speak, I've been trying to figure out how to keep headbands from sliding off my daughter's heads. I've tried bobby pins, clips and nothing has worked. Anyone know how? Please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 01:42
Default Re: Headbands...

I read somewhere a long time ago that people would use a thin line of epoxy glue on the the inside of the headband (not the prettiest looking though). Since people use velvet and shelf liner on the insides of clips to make them no slip, maybe this would work at least for fabric or hard headbands. I don't have a clue what to use if it is a waffle type headband or stretchy elastic (although the elastic should catch in the hair and keep it from slipping) type one.
Our headbands don't slip out, my girls just won't keep them in.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59

As I had the same problem with headbands I worked a lot to find the right method, and I feel that finally I have a wide range of solutions:

ribbon and fabric headbands: I sew velvet ribbon on the inside
metal headbands: velvet ribbon on the inside
elastic (FOE) headbands: I bought the silly stay elastic from the silly grip girls (I used to apply fish tank silicone on FOE before but it was a slow job and hated doing it)

I do not have a method for the skinny elastic but I decided just to leave it as most of my customers prefer wider headbands.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:40

Try duck brand rug tape. You can cut it to any size, sticky on one side and spongy on the other. I have used them for clippies, work great. I don't know why it wouldn't work on a headband, you might need to still use some hot glue.
I bought mine at Walmart, can't remember the price, but was a huge roll, in with the paint area. I don't think it cost much though.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:29

Thanks for the suggestions ladies I will give these a try.
Sponsored Links