printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-03-2013, 02:29

Default ideas for 3.5 year old

I'm in the hot humid south, so our hair stays up all spring through fall (except this weirdo month is oddly cold), but my 3.5 year old has discovered that the girls at MOPS and church wear bows all the time, so now she wants to (she's always been anti anything in her hair). She has SPD and cannot stand to have her hair done, so I either french/dutch braid it and wash it every other day, or put it in a pony tail if she's having a particularly anti-touch day.

Anyone have any tips on what size to make her bows? I'm afraid the weight of the larger bows will bother her, and she has really fine hair and plays wee-ball (tee ball for 3-4 year olds) and pee-wee soccer so she's constantly moving...for those I will put them on small pony-o's, but for everyday/school wear I don't know what to put the clips on--she has blonde, baby fine, very thin hair.

she has one in her hair currently that's on a tiny french clip, it's about 3.5-5in wide and made from 7/8" (I think) ribbon...she likes it because it has a red leaf button in the middle of it, which she calls a "pretty"

Michelle and APB
Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2013, 03:29

Default Re: ideas for 3.5 year old

God bless you!!!! I know exactly what you mean by super hot! I lived in NC for seven years and now back home in Wv. Your winters are great though.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolin View Post
God bless you!!!! I know exactly what you mean by super hot! I lived in NC for seven years and now back home in Wv. Your winters are great though.
We are in North Louisiana, so our Spring through Fall are typically very warm, July-Sept we average near 100 degrees with 70%+ humidity...This March has been really weird though...It's only 45 degrees and raining right now. Two years ago when my youngest was born (March 16th) it was 90 degrees.

Michelle and APB
Old 04-15-2013, 03:02

bump!

Michelle and APB
Old 04-16-2013, 10:57

Hi from a fellow North Louisiana neighbor....... Downsville to be exact!!!! I think I would just stick with just a 4" basic bow on a alli clip with teeth (you can get them at Hobby Lobby) and see how she does with them & then move up to something larger.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45

My daughter is 3.5 also and I am another Southern girl. I use sequin bows or shabby flowers as my favorite go to bow. They are small/inexpensive and you can get them to match anything. Also, you could try putting the bows on satin headbands or interchangeable elastic headbands. They are comfortable and usually stay on well.

As far as the clips go, have you tried no slip grips? They go on the clip and usually help them stay. You can also use the liner that goes under a rug. Most people use it and like it. Search for no slip grips on here.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:34

Have you tried the snap clips? We have found that they stay in very well and you can cover them in ribbon attach bows or even the shabby flowers.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by traciestrends View Post
Hi from a fellow North Louisiana neighbor....... Downsville to be exact!!!! I think I would just stick with just a 4" basic bow on a alli clip with teeth (you can get them at Hobby Lobby) and see how she does with them & then move up to something larger.
I didn't realize there were people on here from my area lol..I live Close to Winnfield...My niece also uses the alli clip with teeth she has a lot of hair it's just so thin....I think they hold a lot better, but she never really uses hair bows that are real big..they fall right out of her hair....

EDee
Sponsored Links