http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-29-2013, 05:48

Default Re: Bottle caps with images and polymer clay

They turned out cute!! Especially for your first try!! I hadn't even thought about Mod Podge over the image. What a great idea!! I know that Aleene's Tacky Glue is ok to bake with clay. (And that Fabri-Tac is not... almost found out the hard way but a friend reminded me that it was flammable, lol) You just have to be careful about melting temperatures (like for anything plastic) and making sure you don't use anything flammable. (like me almost baking flammable glue) You can even add Pearl Ex into or onto the clay too if you wanted some extra shine. That might be cool.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2013, 02:03

Thanks Ladies!! I have always used modge podge to glue my images on the BC's and to seal the top before pouring the resin on, or when I use epoxy stickers I put them on right before the glue dries completely. BTW I hate the epoxy stickers! Some swear by them I just swear at them! Even with using modge podge on top of image they still lift after a week or so. I had a costumer send one back after 4 days because the epoxy lifted. Anyways I believe I read on a old thread here to use modge podge for bottle caps. I did go back and look at the picture on FB group. She used images that didnt have alot towards the outside (near the cap),. As you can see in my Swamp People "Its a Tree shaker" you cant see the letters and the alligator for the poly clay.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41

That's good to know I don't know anything about bottle caps, just polymer clay. I found out that Sculpey changed their formula for their glossy glaze though, and from what I've heard from my polymer clay friends, its not good. I've heard really good things about Glossy Accents though, including that it works better than DG3 did. I would apply that after all your baking is done though if you are going to use it, and after the mod podge, if you want to add dimension to it. If not, sounds like just the mod podge is a great way to go!!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:00

I had 1 person respond to my ? on the FB group. She makes then bakes her circle poly clay piece on a round 1in glass pendent (I cant remember how she spelled it I think Cabrones ?) They are made to go over the round pendents for jewerly. She then puts her epoxy sticker on the BC then glues her poly clay in place

I wish I could find the time to work on all of these different things!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:57

It stinks when nobody really responds. I don't know that I'd glue the clay on afterwards. I think I'd bake it all together so it would be more secure. You can easily bake glass with the clay. (I've put clay over glass candle holders and it has turned out nicely)

Well at least one of the people on the FB group offered you a little help.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelTx View Post
I had 1 person respond to my ? on the FB group. She makes then bakes her circle poly clay piece on a round 1in glass pendent (I cant remember how she spelled it I think Cabrones ?) They are made to go over the round pendents for jewerly. She then puts her epoxy sticker on the BC then glues her poly clay in place

I wish I could find the time to work on all of these different things!
I think you mean a cabochon, which is a round (or other shaped) piece of glass used in jewelry making.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
I think you mean a cabochon, which is a round (or other shaped) piece of glass used in jewelry making.

yes thats it. I dont like epoxy stickers so Ill stick to the resin LOL
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg