Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-21-2013, 02:01

Question Pinwheel Bows Question

Ladies when making a Pinwheel Bow do you cut your ends short on your bows for stacking them on a Stacked Hair Bow? Also do you fluff your Pinwheel Bows when making them for a Stacked Hair Bow? Thanks and Hugs R&R

Last edited by RaspberryRuffles; 02-21-2013 at 02:19. Reason: Forgot Question
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 06:54

Default Re: Pinwheel Bows Question

Good question. I hav never actually used a pinwheel bow on a stacked bow. Just a basic or twisted boutique. And honestly, that's all I've ever seen on a stacked bow as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:15

I usually use a pinwheel as a base for my stacked bows and I end up trimming my tails to be about the same length as my spikes so they blend in pretty well. I tend to leave my pinwheels flat and not "fluffed" since they are my base and don't really show anyway, just used as extra support to keep my spikes out and in place. I think it's just a matter of preference, you've got to play around with looks and see which style you like best. Good luck hth.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi453 View Post
I usually use a pinwheel as a base for my stacked bows and I end up trimming my tails to be about the same length as my spikes so they blend in pretty well. I tend to leave my pinwheels flat and not "fluffed" since they are my base and don't really show anyway, just used as extra support to keep my spikes out and in place. I think it's just a matter of preference, you've got to play around with looks and see which style you like best. Good luck hth.

This is pretty much what I do also. For the longest time I used a basic boutique bow as my base, but have come to prefer pinwheels. I trim to the ends so they look they are part of the spikes.

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Old 02-22-2013, 03:32

Thank you so much Ladies, I made a pinwheel (5" out of 1.5" ribbon) but to me it looks too big for the stacked bow I'm "trying" to make??? I also made 6" spikes from 7/8" ribbon then I made 3" surrounds (3) out of 3/8" ribbon but I don't know what size Twisted Boutique Bow to put on top (I don't have any 5/8" ribbon at all to make any bows) ??? I'm so lost . I bought the BBM kit and BBM Surrounds kit (I can make the Surrounds with the BBM kit ) but I couldn't make a bow out of the BBM so I bought the NBNG kit and I can do all the bows in the book with it so I went back and ordered "all" the NBNG Templates thinking I could make all the bows out of all the templates well boy
was I wrong lol so
now I don't know the ribbon recipes for the other templates that's not in the book so I'm trying to figure them out and I'm about the pull my hair out lol. I love making the bows but getting so flustered at trying to figure the lengths out and what size bows to put on the Stacked/Layered Bows (I don't know if they are called another name or not) that I'm ready to give up. I just feel so lost. I have tons of beautiful ribbon in 2.5"...1.5"...7/8" & 3/8") just setting here and can't figure out how to use it. Grrr. Sorry to rant but I just wish I could figure it out. Thank you each for your reply and hugs

Last edited by RaspberryRuffles; 02-22-2013 at 04:06. Reason: Forgot wording
Sponsored Links