http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-08-2013, 11:17

Default How to make a customer happy LOL

So I had a special request for a set of hair bows. I made them up after running all over town after work on a cold and rainy night looking for the perfect ribbon and low and behold I found what I needed right in my stash. Anyway I sent them out and the customer loved them until she went to put them in her dd's hair and the barrette clip wouldn't hold. She sends me a very nice email not asking for anything, but because I feel my reputation is important I tell her I will send out another single bow ASAP. I use the last of the matching ribbon I have, make the bow and send it out priority $$. The next morning she sends me a picture of the bow and I see that (my mistake) I used the wrong ribbon color to wrap the center of the second bow!

I email her and explain that when she gets the replacement bow I will have to send out a replacement (for the replacement bow) because "I" put the incorrect ribbon center on the bow. We chuckle a bit and all is well.

I order more of the ribbon that I used the last of on the first replacement bow and as I said in my earlier post I ribbon finally arrives after 11 days and it looks like crap. It is not like any swiss dot I have ever seen. The dots look like they were printed with puff paint.

Now, I am looking for different swiss dot ribbon which so far I can not find, and just to make sure everything matches once and for all, I am just sending her a complete new set. This poor lady will have 5 hair bows total just because of a stupid, POC, defective clip. Of course this is the one set with the rhinestone ribbon slide center that I pay 1.00 each for. The customer is fine, understands completely, but this is a valuable and expensive lesson for me. I will write down the exact recipe or take a picture of every bow I mail out if it is custom.

Happy Friday everyone.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41

Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

dang, you should have just offered to pay the shipping back to you and fix the clip. It might have saved you both a headache!!

Pampered Princess
Looking for wholesale felties? Check out my page! Lots to choose from.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32

The swiss dot ribbon didn't happen to come from RABOM did it?
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidijens1 View Post
dang, you should have just offered to pay the shipping back to you and fix the clip. It might have saved you both a headache!!

I know, I feel I have done everything wrong with this order. It would have been simple if I hadn't messed up the second one. Thank goodness she is really cool about it. All I need after this is a bad feedback on Etsy. I fear the feedback
Old 02-08-2013, 02:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designsbydani View Post
The swiss dot ribbon didn't happen to come from RABOM did it?
Yes, it did. It reminds me of braille it is so nubby.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50

what is the size and color of the swiss dots? I have original RABOM still left
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen26 View Post
what is the size and color of the swiss dots? I have original RABOM still left
Baby pink with white dots, 1.5" wide. I think Joanns might have it so I am running over there tonight. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbaby View Post
So I had a special request for a set of hair bows. I made them up after running all over town after work on a cold and rainy night looking for the perfect ribbon and low and behold I found what I needed right in my stash. Anyway I sent them out and the customer loved them until she went to put them in her dd's hair and the barrette clip wouldn't hold. She sends me a very nice email not asking for anything, but because I feel my reputation is important I tell her I will send out another single bow ASAP. I use the last of the matching ribbon I have, make the bow and send it out priority $$. The next morning she sends me a picture of the bow and I see that (my mistake) I used the wrong ribbon color to wrap the center of the second bow!

I email her and explain that when she gets the replacement bow I will have to send out a replacement (for the replacement bow) because "I" put the incorrect ribbon center on the bow. We chuckle a bit and all is well.

I order more of the ribbon that I used the last of on the first replacement bow and as I said in my earlier post I ribbon finally arrives after 11 days and it looks like crap. It is not like any swiss dot I have ever seen. The dots look like they were printed with puff paint.

Now, I am looking for different swiss dot ribbon which so far I can not find, and just to make sure everything matches once and for all, I am just sending her a complete new set. This poor lady will have 5 hair bows total just because of a stupid, POC, defective clip. Of course this is the one set with the rhinestone ribbon slide center that I pay 1.00 each for. The customer is fine, understands completely, but this is a valuable and expensive lesson for me. I will write down the exact recipe or take a picture of every bow I mail out if it is custom.

Happy Friday everyone.
Hate it when you have to learn a lesson like this, I had to go through something similar. Now I take pics of everything I make now and write down all the ribbon type, length and color for each order.
Hope you find your ribbon your looking for
Sponsored Links