http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 184
Default How to make a customer happy LOL

So I had a special request for a set of hair bows. I made them up after running all over town after work on a cold and rainy night looking for the perfect ribbon and low and behold I found what I needed right in my stash. Anyway I sent them out and the customer loved them until she went to put them in her dd's hair and the barrette clip wouldn't hold. She sends me a very nice email not asking for anything, but because I feel my reputation is important I tell her I will send out another single bow ASAP. I use the last of the matching ribbon I have, make the bow and send it out priority $$. The next morning she sends me a picture of the bow and I see that (my mistake) I used the wrong ribbon color to wrap the center of the second bow!

I email her and explain that when she gets the replacement bow I will have to send out a replacement (for the replacement bow) because "I" put the incorrect ribbon center on the bow. We chuckle a bit and all is well.

I order more of the ribbon that I used the last of on the first replacement bow and as I said in my earlier post I ribbon finally arrives after 11 days and it looks like crap. It is not like any swiss dot I have ever seen. The dots look like they were printed with puff paint.

Now, I am looking for different swiss dot ribbon which so far I can not find, and just to make sure everything matches once and for all, I am just sending her a complete new set. This poor lady will have 5 hair bows total just because of a stupid, POC, defective clip. Of course this is the one set with the rhinestone ribbon slide center that I pay 1.00 each for. The customer is fine, understands completely, but this is a valuable and expensive lesson for me. I will write down the exact recipe or take a picture of every bow I mail out if it is custom.

Happy Friday everyone.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41
Heidijens1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,071
Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

dang, you should have just offered to pay the shipping back to you and fix the clip. It might have saved you both a headache!!
__________________

Pampered Princess
Looking for wholesale felties? Check out my page! Lots to choose from.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

The swiss dot ribbon didn't happen to come from RABOM did it?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 184
Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidijens1 View Post
dang, you should have just offered to pay the shipping back to you and fix the clip. It might have saved you both a headache!!

I know, I feel I have done everything wrong with this order. It would have been simple if I hadn't messed up the second one. Thank goodness she is really cool about it. All I need after this is a bad feedback on Etsy. I fear the feedback
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 02:16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 184
Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designsbydani View Post
The swiss dot ribbon didn't happen to come from RABOM did it?
Yes, it did. It reminds me of braille it is so nubby.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50
colleen26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,066
Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

what is the size and color of the swiss dots? I have original RABOM still left
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 184
Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen26 View Post
what is the size and color of the swiss dots? I have original RABOM still left
Baby pink with white dots, 1.5" wide. I think Joanns might have it so I am running over there tonight. Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
Default Re: How to make a customer happy LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbaby View Post
So I had a special request for a set of hair bows. I made them up after running all over town after work on a cold and rainy night looking for the perfect ribbon and low and behold I found what I needed right in my stash. Anyway I sent them out and the customer loved them until she went to put them in her dd's hair and the barrette clip wouldn't hold. She sends me a very nice email not asking for anything, but because I feel my reputation is important I tell her I will send out another single bow ASAP. I use the last of the matching ribbon I have, make the bow and send it out priority $$. The next morning she sends me a picture of the bow and I see that (my mistake) I used the wrong ribbon color to wrap the center of the second bow!

I email her and explain that when she gets the replacement bow I will have to send out a replacement (for the replacement bow) because "I" put the incorrect ribbon center on the bow. We chuckle a bit and all is well.

I order more of the ribbon that I used the last of on the first replacement bow and as I said in my earlier post I ribbon finally arrives after 11 days and it looks like crap. It is not like any swiss dot I have ever seen. The dots look like they were printed with puff paint.

Now, I am looking for different swiss dot ribbon which so far I can not find, and just to make sure everything matches once and for all, I am just sending her a complete new set. This poor lady will have 5 hair bows total just because of a stupid, POC, defective clip. Of course this is the one set with the rhinestone ribbon slide center that I pay 1.00 each for. The customer is fine, understands completely, but this is a valuable and expensive lesson for me. I will write down the exact recipe or take a picture of every bow I mail out if it is custom.

Happy Friday everyone.
Hate it when you have to learn a lesson like this, I had to go through something similar. Now I take pics of everything I make now and write down all the ribbon type, length and color for each order.
Hope you find your ribbon your looking for
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger