New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-28-2013, 09:40

Default New to it all

Hi Everyone
I'm new to this site and I'm new to the world of making bows, tutus, and clips. I'm looking for any advance to help get started, the right (best) supplies I need, best (cheapest) place to get materials and how to make everything.

Any info would help greatly!! Somethings I would like to make are :
Tutus (no sew),
bows on clips and on pony tails, snap clips covered with felt and those feltie pieces on them.

I've become a stay at home mom to my 22 month old b/g twins and my 3.5 yr old son. My daughter is all about the bows and all things (as she says) "pretty" so I want to start to make items and hopefully sell them

THANKS AGAIN!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2013, 11:41

Default Re: New to it all

Welcome you will get lots of info here!

www.MarcootBoutique.etsy.com
Old 01-29-2013, 05:07

I think the first thing you should know is.... do not do like I did & go out & buy a bunch of ribbon & think you are going to make some bows... lots of money wasted!!!! First of all I would go to your local craft store, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, etc. & buy a roll of 3/8", 7/8", and 1.5" ribbon, some alli clips or french barrettes..... which ever you prefer, a glue gun, some needles, & embroidery thread (this is what I prefer). Now get on you tube watch you some videos & do some searching here on HG and pratice, practice, practice.... get aggrivated & practice, pratice, practice some more. I would reuse the same ribbon over and over until it can not be used any more. Believe me when I say (and I do not mean this in a bad way) you are going to think your very first bows look awesome... I know I did, but now that I look back on them I think.... what the heck was I thinking... LOL!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01

Smile Re: New to it all

Thanks! I bought basically what you said today...lol I've been watching you tube too tonight. I didn't get the embroidery thread which i will get this week-so thank you!

Question, I haven't found out it on you tube yet, how do I attach a bow onto a snap clip, a pony tail and an elastic bead?

I made a bow today by watching a video. I didnt have the starch to work alot on the bow.

Thanks for the advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traciestrends View Post
I think the first thing you should know is.... do not do like I did & go out & buy a bunch of ribbon & think you are going to make some bows... lots of money wasted!!!! First of all I would go to your local craft store, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, etc. & buy a roll of 3/8", 7/8", and 1.5" ribbon, some alli clips or french barrettes..... which ever you prefer, a glue gun, some needles, & embroidery thread (this is what I prefer). Now get on you tube watch you some videos & do some searching here on HG and pratice, practice, practice.... get aggrivated & practice, pratice, practice some more. I would reuse the same ribbon over and over until it can not be used any more. Believe me when I say (and I do not mean this in a bad way) you are going to think your very first bows look awesome... I know I did, but now that I look back on them I think.... what the heck was I thinking... LOL!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42

Welcome...
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23

Great advice from lots of ladies on here. Just take your time, practice and have fun. It's all about being creative! I know when I first got started on my crafts, I went out and bought a TON of stuff I didn't need.

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gszabo3 View Post
Thanks! I bought basically what you said today...lol I've been watching you tube too tonight. I didn't get the embroidery thread which i will get this week-so thank you!

Question, I haven't found out it on you tube yet, how do I attach a bow onto a snap clip, a pony tail and an elastic bead?

I made a bow today by watching a video. I didnt have the starch to work alot on the bow.

Thanks for the advice!!
For snap clips I buy already made snap clip covers and just glue the bow to it. For the pony tail I just attach it just like I would a French barrette. And not sure about elastic bead.
Sponsored Links