Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-13-2013, 03:44
Default Help!!! What am I doing wrong?

I have had problems with lining metal headbands. I want to have a velvet ribbon on the inside as this is the only way it will stay in my daughter's hair.
First I tried it with double sided tape but with not much success. It looked nice but in a couple of hours the tape did not hold the ribbon on the headband any longer. Then I tried E6000 which seemed to be OK, but I had to put clips on the headband so that the ribbon won't move until it gets dry. On velvet there were visible marks made by the clips and also on lighter coloured ribbons you could see the glue. I tried hot glue, but it is so messy. Then I decided to give up.
I was searching and searching and I heard so many good things about the dst from Punch place plus. So I decided to give it one more try. I ordered one roll. As shipping was international it cost a fortune compared to a roll of double sided tape, but who cares when being in the gateway of solving this problem? The width of the tape made lining the headband really comfortable. I made one yesterday. And today I saw that there were short sections where the tape did not hold the ribbon on the headband.
What am I doing wrong? I don't believe there is no solution. Or am I being a perfectionist expecting wonders? Or maybe I should get back to hot glue and accept that dst is not my friend?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 05:09
Default Re: Help!!! What am I doing wrong?

Or maybe I should get back to hot glue
Yes, let the glue gun get very hot, till you see a Little smoke coming from the burnt glue around the tip, then its hot enough, it has to be hot in order to work/stick.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13
Default Re: Help!!! What am I doing wrong?

I agree with what she said. I've never heard much good about DST.

Pampered Princess
Looking for wholesale felties? Check out my page! Lots to choose from.
Sponsored Links