New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-31-2012, 01:45

Default Should I Buy The Bowdabra?

I've been eyeing the bowdabra for a little bit now. I pretty much plan to make bows for my daughter (would be nice if I could get people to buy them, but main objective is for my little girl), I'm pretty new to making bows, I've tried to fold them by hand without much luck. What I've been doing is using some cardboard templates I made and a sallys clip down the middle.

I've seen both negative and positive reviews on here, but wonder if it would be better for me as a newbie or if I should just stick to my little cardboard templates.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2012, 08:49

Default Re: Should I Buy The Bowdabra?

I returned my bowdabra. I didn't like it at all. I guess it just depends on the person who uses it because some people love theirs. I got my bow templates here: http://littlepinkladybug.com/categor...-Templates.htm I love my twisted one. It took me a couple weeks to get it down (some people perfected the first bow!) but now I just love it! It is worth the money. I just got the classic template and I've only used it once so far, but my first bow came out beautiful! They are worth the price IMO. I hope I helped you. LOL
Old 01-01-2013, 04:53

I used to be a "template" girl (no wonder with an engineer blood in my veins) and I used loads of templates, even ones I found out.
Now I only use my cardboard template for pinwheels and make everything else freehanded.
You will find lots of different opinions but it's always a personal preference.
I was tempted to buy different templates just did not want to invest into it as I had so many other things to buy.
My basic advice is: research and practice. There are loads of tutorials and also youtube videos.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54

If you could name what style of bows you are looking for, maybe I could point you in the right direction.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:01

I feel like all I know how to make are pinwheel bows with my little card board templates.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04

I'd say if you think it'd be a good investment then go for it. If nothing else it'll teach you the bow styles you want to learn and maybe you can put your own spin on the techniques so you don't have to use the templates after a while.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:09

I looked at it at walmart earlier today and found out its just the basic for under 10. If I want the ruler part its another 10. Yeah I'm going to stickto making them with my cardboard templates. If I was selling to others 20 or 50 might not be so bad.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52

I found the directions online for the Bowdabra on the FAQ page, but I'm wondering with the VIP membership they include do they tell you how to make more bows than is just what in their instructions? The online instructions list a fold bow, scrunchy bow, and a fold and twist bow.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammorgan View Post
I found the directions online for the Bowdabra on the FAQ page, but I'm wondering with the VIP membership they include do they tell you how to make more bows than is just what in their instructions? The online instructions list a fold bow, scrunchy bow, and a fold and twist bow.
You can find lots of free tutorials on the Bowdabra Blog. Here is the link to the hair bow tutorials.
http://bowdabrablog.com/category/hai...bow-tutorials/
Old 07-03-2013, 05:28

Smile Re: Should I Buy The Bowdabra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammorgan View Post
I feel like all I know how to make are pinwheel bows with my little card board templates.
Came across this thread, speaking of cardboard templates, where would I find a site that has measurements for such a thing? As in the sizes to cut your cardboard to use as the templates etc? I returned my Bowdabra, I just never got the hang of it
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif