Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-13-2008, 07:50

Default Re: Just curious, who wears the big bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecansofbeans View Post
My 8 year old wears big bows. The biggest ! lol - I sweep her hair to the side and put one in. I think it looks very elegant....maybe others dont! lol

I attached a pic - I am in NJ and others dont do this but are catching on...and I put one in of her wearing a 1.5" bow to get the idea of size...the pink one is 7 or 8 inches.

The last is a 5/8" bow - just to show that 8 year olds can still lod decent in a little bow....

Lorraine
Your daughter is beautiful!!! I love the pink one the best...It really is elegant on her..
Old 06-13-2008, 08:19

I would normally say that bows aren't a big thing around me but last weekend I went to a children's theater production and almost every girl was wearing a bow. I had never seen so many in one place before. So maybe around me, girls wear them for special occasions?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26

I am in South Alabama and all the little girls down here wear huge bows!!! Not many wear little clips though. My SIL use to buy her bows from a place called Tiny Town and she would buy them for 12.00. Thats alot for a bow that prob only cost 2.00 to make if that!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:34

He, he. "See the baby, not the bow". I am one of those Mom's. Although I make sure the bow is 4" or smaller on my 6mo old

I taught jr high until this past yr and pony streamers and ribbons were very popular with the 10-13 crowd. The popular girls always had matching ribbons. I almost think it was a status symbol.

(and www.appleblossomprints.com custom photo cards)
Old 06-13-2008, 08:36

I'm in SE Houston and a lot of the girls I see wear big bows, but mainly because they've seen my 6 yo wearing them so their moms bought those from me. Both of my girls wear big bows for their heads, but I love it. When we were visiting CA, we got tons of attention from the big ol' bows...everyone oohing and ahhing.

SAHM to Madisyn (6) and Kynzie (2)
Old 06-13-2008, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecansofbeans View Post
Aw thanks! She's an awful ham!

I really do like the side swept look - I wish it would catch on...there is amother in town who is ordering from me today and todl me her eldest daughter doesnt wear big bows anymore and I suggested the side swept look - she seems to like the idea - I'm lucky as Patricia (my 8 yr old) will wear anything I put in her hair. I also gave her friend a free headband to match one of her bow orders. She ordered 9 last week and no headband so I thought -"you will have a headband and you will like it!" lol She loves it and is going to order more! See freebies work sometimes. Oh and she paid me by check and wrote it out to cash - do you know where the check went? Out of my car window! literally never to be seen again....I called and told her and hoped she wrote it out to my name but nope she did cash and wanted to know what I wanted to do - I told her that if it costs her one penny to just let it be it is my fault...so unprofessional! although she doesnt want someone else cashing her check so I think it costs $20-$40 to stop a check. Poop....Meeting her today also - she's one the cheer team too - gosh this town is small and I am babbling.....

Lorraine
Believe it or not, I have done that same thing and thought I could just shoot myself in the foot..... My bank can stop a check for free b/c it's a credit union. Does she use that type of bank or commercial? Maybe there is still hope!!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:42

I live in North Carolina-my granddaughters always wear big bows-they are 2 and 3 and dont think they are dressed to go unless they have their big bows perched on top of their head. lol I see alot of big bows around here-really small rural town.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:26

I live in Mississippi and have never seen any of the big loopy bows. All of the girls wear the basic boutique bow 5'' or 6'' and of course for the little one 3" bows.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:50

I'm in Nashville and I don't see many big bows. Mainly looks like 3in clasic boutiques. I tend to put big bows on my DD because she has ALOT of hair.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:26

I've lived in Lubbock, TX and they love the big bows there!!
Sponsored Links