New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-02-2012, 10:46

Question How Do You

Ladies I made a big bow & it seems to be to heavy for the clippie, I centered it on the clippie & the top is hanging down (Or feels like it when it's on your head, yes I tried it in my hair lol, not going to sell this one as it is messy due to just trying to figure out how to make them lol). My question is how do you put your big bows on your clippies to keep them from feeling like this? Do you off center them (lay the bow closer toward the top of the clippie?). I would love to make these bows but fear they will not feel right on the babies or childrens head. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone give me any tips on how to place heavier bow on the clippies. Hugs R&R

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48

Default Re: How Do You

could you post a picture? that might help us figure it out. or you could try a french barrette, those are sometimes a little sturdier.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27

i also have this problem... it feels as though the clippie is to small...
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35

I use the french barrettes for the big bows. They hold up to the weight better.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52

Ladies I can't get a pic on here due to my operating system...It's not your standard lol & my nephew hasn't gotten back to my house to fix it so I can down load pics here. I took pics of it. Any thoughts on how to get it on here? Hugs, R&R
Old 12-04-2012, 12:00

I some how did get a album made here (Under my user name) & I just named it Bow lol. The bow pics are in it...Front & back pics. Please don't laugh...Ok go ahead cause it is a messy one but I was just putting it together to get the hang of how it goes. The instructions said use glue a lot & I did so I'm wondering if that added to weight of it??? Any thoughts? I really like this type of bow but idk how I would get it down smaller to not weigh a clippie down. Hugs R&R
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21

French barrette all the way my friend. the bow is super cute! but I think a barrette is the way to go. it'll hold up better.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16

Ladies I'm going to try to make one with just sewing it to see if that will take some of the weight off of it (I wonder if all the glue is causing it to weigh down???). I also wonder if putting it on a headband would help it any??? Thanks for all your help & so sorry you had to see my 1st bow so sloppy hehe. But that's the fun of it...learning how to do it & to get it all right & learn from my mistakes. Hugs R&R