150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-26-2012, 11:52

Question Uh-oh, feeling a lil discouraged using Mod Podge. Any Tips?

I printed out all my images using an ink-jet printer onto glossy photo paper.
I used on 2 images mod podge on the front & i have 2 images without.
I placed them in my bottle caps gluing them down with the mod podge and dried before adding my resin on top. not only did the mod podge smear the images a bit while i was coating them, it seems like its not sealing the images from the resin.

What do you recommend?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-26-2012, 12:34

Default Re: Uh-oh, feeling a lil discouraged using Mod Podge. Any Tips?

How long before you used your images did you let them dry (printing them)? I know if I print an image then use it right away they tend to smear. I use an xyron sticker maker to attach my images to my bottlecaps then coat and recoat with modge podge before I pour my resin. I also don't use glossy photo paper. It doesn't like me!

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58

It could be the type of phot paper you are using or the ink in your printer. I use the Kodak photo paper, I believe and it has not smeared. I had this cheap photopaper on hand from dollar tree and tried that but it smeared and was terrible. Did you let the top coat of mod podge dry before putting it into the bottle cap with more mod podge?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29

Smile Re: Uh-oh, feeling a lil discouraged using Mod Podge. Any Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsNecklaces View Post
It could be the type of phot paper you are using or the ink in your printer. I use the Kodak photo paper, I believe and it has not smeared. I had this cheap photopaper on hand from dollar tree and tried that but it smeared and was terrible. Did you let the top coat of mod podge dry before putting it into the bottle cap with more mod podge?
hi, i did a different test: day 1 i sprayed 4 coats of acrylic sealer on the images printed onto kodak photo paper and let dry as recommended. and then the next day i did 3 coats of mod podge on front a back of each image. and then the 3rd day i glued them down to my caps and then the 4th day i poured my resin. half the batch had the "dark ring" around the images but the center was not affected. which kinda got me heated wasting half the caps and all the time i put into them
so, now im thinking i should just get them printed from a laser jet and to invest in a sticker maker. just not sure which sticker maker to get.
its a learning experience but ultimately i just want to get my images water proof so thats why i want to use resin.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTopNotch View Post
hi, i did a different test: day 1 i sprayed 4 coats of acrylic sealer on the images printed onto kodak photo paper and let dry as recommended. and then the next day i did 3 coats of mod podge on front a back of each image. and then the 3rd day i glued them down to my caps and then the 4th day i poured my resin. half the batch had the "dark ring" around the images but the center was not affected. which kinda got me heated wasting half the caps and all the time i put into them
so, now im thinking i should just get them printed from a laser jet and to invest in a sticker maker. just not sure which sticker maker to get.
its a learning experience but ultimately i just want to get my images water proof so thats why i want to use resin.
I have done some other images and they had run on me too. I wonder if I put too much Mod podge on it. So I decided to get them printed at walgreens and I am very happy with my images. They don't smear and look great. The only thing with that is that they would not let me print one of my Justin Bieber bottlecaps because I didn't have a copy release since it was him. Apparently just because you find a pic on the internet doesnt allow to print. Oops. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:37

Hi, I saw this message about ink jet prints smearing or getting blurry when using water based glazes. I wanted to share that I have a new seal for ink jet prints that won't cause your prints to run. It's Glamour Seal. It's not a finishing coat, like glaze, but you can use it as a barrier between your image and the glaze you use. Brush it on and let it dry, then use your glaze or resin on top. I can also be used to glue the paper to the bottle cap. And if you like working with glass, you can glue the ink jet print to the glass (I recommend using matte paper and not glossy if using glass)

xo,
Annie
Sponsored Links