New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-23-2012, 11:35

Default Crochet headband or elastic waistband?

I'm making my 2 month old daughter a clown tutu for halloween, and was wanting some opinions on which of the two would be best for her?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2012, 12:12

Default Re: Crochet headband or elastic waistband?

I wish I had an answer, I was actually curious about the subject myself. I bought a tutu for my 10 month old daughter the other day and I thought it was just a crochet headband but I noticed it was sewn in the back and the woman does different sizes which leads me to wonder if that stuff comes on a roll to be used like the elastic. I would think it would be easier to sort of latch hook the tulle through the holes in the headband and have an easy place to add embellishments and not worry as much about it rolling but again, I don't know much.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:04

I actually just started making the tutu and decided to do so on the headband. It really is pretty easy, since you just follow the pattern of the holes. As far as the stuff being sold on a roll, I had read on a forum somewhere that it is. I read that you can buy it at hobby lobby. I've never seen it there, but I've also never looked. I think I'll check next time I'm there and buy it if they have it.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14

I use the headbands on mine. You can buy some on rolls but so far i have only found pink, black and white.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:00

I prefer them on headbands. Elastic stretches out too much for me. Hobby lobby sells the crochet headband material. They even have two colored ones.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:07

Thank you! I made it on a headband and it turned out great! It's only my second time making a tutu. The first time I used elastic and it just didn't look as good. I think I'm definitely going to buy the material by the yard. As far as only finding it in black, white, and pink, have you tried just dying the white to whatever color you'd like? I've never dyed any material, but I know they sell some dye at hobby lobby. It could be worth a shot!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:41

Awesome! We just got a hobby lobby about 30-45 minutes away but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet so I will defiantly look for it there. I know a regular headband will work for my daughter but I don't know about 4 and 5 year olds or tiny new babies.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49

The challenge with the rolls of the crochet material is that it typically costs exactly the same as the headbands in a finished state. Depending on the manufacturer of the headbands, they can vary in size -- but most have a good stretch and cover wide range of sizes, making it ideal for dress-up tutus. We've thought about carrying it in the rolls, but sadly, we'd have to charge a premium for it-- and that doesn't really make any sense to us
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg

Tags
crochet band, elastic, tutu, waistband