printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-22-2012, 09:12

Default Hair Ties?

I have been seeing these hair ties everywhere! How do you make them and out of what? It seems like it's just elastic with a tie on the end, but is there some other way that you secure it? Please let me know!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22

Default Re: Hair Ties?

You just tie in a knot, leaving about 3/4 inch as a tail. I heat seal the ends to get rid of the frizzies.

www.MarcootBoutique.etsy.com
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcootBoutique View Post
You just tie in a knot, leaving about 3/4 inch as a tail. I heat seal the ends to get rid of the frizzies.
Ok, Thanks! I didn't know if you had to hot glue before you tie or sometthing. LOL Where do you buy the stuff from? And if I was looking online for it, What is it called? I am new to this
Old 10-22-2012, 11:48

It's called Fold Over Elastic, or FOE
Old 10-22-2012, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam_Crafts View Post
It's called Fold Over Elastic, or FOE
Thanks!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52

9" is a great length for my hair and a good length as a bracelet too. 7" was just too short. This length lets me wrap the elastic around 3 times.
Just tie a knot and heat seal to prevent fray.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:24

Here is a tutorial I made up http://blog.thinkbowtique.com/2012/1...hair-ties.html
Old 12-23-2012, 04:07

I am going to start making them too for DD. I took one apart (it was 9 inches) but would rather make 7 inch ones. I added left over knock off type Pandora jewels to it. Any suggestions or pics of what else I can add to them? I got the silver heart from beadsonlove.com for $1.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceywj View Post
I am going to start making them too for DD. I took one apart (it was 9 inches) but would rather make 7 inch ones. I added left over knock off type Pandora jewels to it. Any suggestions or pics of what else I can add to them? I got the silver heart from beadsonlove.com for $1.

I put wooden buttons on them. (Although with these ones I do not tie the elastic in a knot but sew the end together. In this case I only need about 6,5" elastic.

I also made some with those huge chunky beads measuring about 20mm. But it is really hard to push the elastic through the hole. I don't have any photo of these ones but I think you can get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gombos.jpg (61.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 12-23-2012, 05:10

I've seen them with rhinestone ribbon slides on them too. That looks nice for the bracelet, but Idk how practical it is for using it as a hair tie.

As far as where to buy, try Hobovian. She has a website and is on Ebay, maybe Etsy too. I ordered most of mine from a HG that was selling it, but that was a long time ago.
Sponsored Links