http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-19-2012, 11:23

Default Re: Does everyone still hot glue ribbon to clips?

I am very new here, so don't have much experience. I ordered D670 double sided fillet tape from hair-hardware and LOVE it. SO easy to use. Just cut 4.5 inches of ribbon and tape. Press the tape on the ribbon, take off the backing and press the ribbon on the clip. Presto! No plugging in the hot mess that is my glue gun. No burnt fingers or webbies or globs. The tape is not like scrapbooking double sided tape, it is thicker..VERY sticky. I just watched a video for using this tape for the whole bow and since my glue gun and I am not on speaking terms, I will try this method next.

I ordered the square alligator clips from here too and all came quickly.

(and made in the USA - yeh!)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCMays View Post
What do you mean, double sided tape ones? Like just double sided tape?
Yes, double sided tape. I buy mine from a lady who makes them wholesale as that is a job I do NOT have time for.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:36

All of this has been really helpful! Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I am just frustrated because as soon as I have an order almost done it still takes five years to line the clips and glue them on! Even my DH will look back at me an hour later and say, "I thought you were almost done?" Haha!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCMays View Post
All of this has been really helpful! Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I am just frustrated because as soon as I have an order almost done it still takes five years to line the clips and glue them on! Even my DH will look back at me an hour later and say, "I thought you were almost done?" Haha!
I'd be more than happy to line clips for you, I think I am one of the rare people who actually like doing that.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:31

I have had some bad experience with DST as it started peeling but I don't know if it was only due to the quality of the tape.
I hate gluing but that is what I do now, and I can make it pretty smooth now.
But I would like to find a really good tape so I could line clips even when I do not have much time and I cannot take out my glue gun, etc.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:22

The weather and humidity might affect the staying power of double stick tape. I used to line my clips with it (fillet tape) and was horrified to discover all of them lifting and separating a few months later. Now I only use ones that are hot glued - My Sunshine Boutique's clips are great! I love Punch Place Plus and have never had any problems ordering from them. Their tape is super strong and I use it for layering ribbon and lining headbands. Haven't gotten around to trying to line clips with it yet but I've heard good things about the staying power.
Sponsored Links