http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-27-2012, 03:19

Default How to make... 6ss rhinestones stick!?!?!?

To say I am in a panic would be the understatement of the century. I got them from Dazzling Designs and am using the 6ss rhinestuds. They are NOT sticking.

I spoke with them already, they are Supposed to call back after talking to people in the stones dept so please cross fingers they have an idea. Last call they suggested applying more pressure and ironing on butcher block. It took a while but it did work.

I am literally leaning on the iron as hard as I can, it is on butcher block. I am pressing the bow tails between 2 pieces of wood and Literally am standing on them while still hot. To make sure they're not the slightest bit warm I've gone to putting them in the freezer. After 45 mins I have maybe 20 of 46 stones on the FIRST bow stuck down. I have 89 bows to go.

Does anyone have any options? They are due tomorrow. I don't know if there's a way to just apply glue to the back and forget heat setting or what else could be done. This is a total nightmare.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37

Default Re: How to make... 6ss rhinestones stick!?!?!?

E600 and a toothpick.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:38

I don't really understand the pressure thing. It's got to be more about heat then pressure. Once the glue is melted they are supposed to sitck. If all that additional pressure was needed how would anyone apply them with an wand type applicator? Are you using one of their templates or are you free handing them? I know you can glue "hotfix" rhinestones because I had to glue them once when I didn't have enough flatbacks and I was applying them to leather. I have been reading your post regarding the bow order and I really wish I could help you.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:41

I agree and would think it would be more of a heat issue than not enough pressure. Maybe try a hot fix applicator/wood burner or E6000?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:03

When you say your leaning on the iron I am going to assume that you are using a household iron??? If you are, how old is it? If it is an older one it may not be getting hot enough and simply buying a new iron may work. I know my newer iron I have for pressing things I am sewing gets alot hotter then the old standby in the closet we use on occasion to press clothes we wear.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:55

They told me it needed to be on the wool setting per Dazzling Designs instructions. I would have thought the same but I am not sure regarding more pressure vs higher heat. At this point I am about to go out and buy another iron.

They are sticking to the bejeweller (I have the pro) and not working with that either. I thought I possibly got a bad batch of stones but they assured me that there is nothing wrong with them and that I am not applying enough pressure.

The hubby is picking up e-6000 on the way home and I am going to have to go that route. My iron is a rowenta so it's a pretty good one but maybe that's the problem. I just don't know.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24

This is going to be no help at all. I have had huge deadline projects like this where I really start to wonder WHY????? I ever started. Just take a deep breath and enlist any help you can get. You can do this I will be thinking of you tonight.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:42

Thanks showbaby. I just hope the e-6000 does the trick. It's been a while that I've used it so I need to apply to both stones and ribbon and let it cure what 10 mins right? And then bond em together and hopefully that works.

All my rhinestones are set up on transfer tape so I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to work or I'm in a lot of trouble for tomorrow. I lost about 3 hours trying to work with the iron and I'm way behind right now. I had expected to be doing ends by now instead of being like this. I wish I had help but I'm just going to go as much as I can.
Sponsored Links