Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-04-2012, 08:55
Question Tutu Dress Feedback

Hi girls!

I am making flower girl tutu dresses for my girls to wear in my brother's wedding. This is my first time making dresses and I was hoping to get some feedback mid-process. How is it looking overall so far? I am using a crocheted headband and have about 6 layers of tulle. I am planning on adding a white petti to the bottom.

I was worried about the white dresses being see through, especially with my girls' darker skin. The problem I am running into, is the dresses are SO poofy. It was hard to tie the ribbon sash on to take this picture. I'm afraid that once they are moving around, bending over, etc, the ribbon will slide up. I plan on using much wider ribbon for the actual sash, for this photo, I just used some I had on hand. How many layers of tull does one normally have on a dress? Do I just tie the sash on tightly or is there a better way of securing it?

Also, the top area kind of poofed up, even though I pulled and straightened it and it made my 4 year old look like she has a bust in the photo. Is that how these dresses look when worn or am I doing something wrong?

TIA for your help and feedback!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress - Copy.jpg (24.3 KB, 53 views)
Sponsored Links