150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-14-2012, 03:45

Default Bottle cap alternative?

I have seen bow pics in which the decoration in the center looks just like a bottle cap, only there is no bottlecap. So it looks exactly like the center portion of a bottle cap. It has an image with an epoxy cover / bubble. However, it has no metal edging. I'm assuming they are pouring these onto a flat piece of plastic of some sort? I have been trying to figure out what they could be using and am drawing a blank. Any ideas?
All ideas / suggestions are welcome! Thanks ladies!!
Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012, 05:51

Default Re: Bottle cap alternative?

Try searching "flat back buttons"..I think that's what you mean.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:54

I think you are referring to Alta Caps. The owner is a member here. I can't remember the web address for the site but it is called The Punch Place.

HTH,

Chauna
Old 07-14-2012, 01:09

http://www.punchplaceplus.com/catego...Caps-Round.htm

And

http://www.punchplaceplus.com/catego...ubble-Gems.htm
Old 07-14-2012, 06:33

Thanks ladies. It's great to have people to bounce ideas off of. I have seen the alta caps (just recently) they are neat, but not what I had in mind. The flat back buttons (or badges?) are more similar to what I've seen. Though the ones in the link posted look more like buttons and less like an epoxy bubble / poured epoxy. I'm intrigued.
I keep seeing these things.. and I like them. I have been making the bottle caps for a while but I like the idea of having no frame around them.
I'm going to research the flatback buttons more and see if I can come up with a good image of them.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:43

bowsandribbonswholesale.com/item_71/40pcs-Custom-resin.htm

What do you think ladies? It looks like an epoxy bubble over a printed image.. but what do you think the base would be?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc620 View Post
bowsandribbonswholesale.com/item_71/40pcs-Custom-resin.htm

What do you think ladies? It looks like an epoxy bubble over a printed image.. but what do you think the base would be?
It does look like an epoxy resin sticker over an image...but you can achieve the same look with flat back buttons I love making the flat backs, I've actually been experimenting with attaching the flat backs to bottle caps and people seem to like the look!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:33

Maybe they are just resins stuck on images. Maybe nothing under them but the picture.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:14

Red face Re: Bottle cap alternative?

Hi everyone, I just recently started thinking I'd really like to do the same type of thing (make bottlecap-stlye thingymajigs without having the bottlecap edges). A bottlecap alternative. Maybe even make mini circle images for smaller bows & things. Thank u 4 the tip mentioned above for the Alta caps. I think I will have to try those out. But for something completely borderless, and maybe something that could b smaller than 1", here are a couple of budget ideas I was thinking of:

- circular wooden cutouts? (would this work or would wood b too pourous for the image to stay nice?)

- blank metal discs (saw these on the same site as the alta caps. Called "mix discs." Is this their intended purpose?)

- clear circular/cylindrical-ish glass tiles (epoxy image to bottom side of tile & also epoxy the back of the image/paper for preservation). I saw a tutorial on glass tile pendant making once. They did it with a square tile, but you could do the same w/ a circular tile.

(4 some reason I can't post the link to that tut. It is really cute tho. If u go to simplymodernmom(dotcom) u will find it there)

Thanks all! I'd b very open to more input or other suggestions for bottlecap alternatives.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies

Tags
bottle cap, bottlecap, bow center, envirotex lite, epoxy