http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-10-2012, 12:23

Default OMG!! Guess What!!

I just started my hair bow business a month ago. I have been doing research and there are less than a handful of people in my area that make hair bows. I started by designing a bow for my daughter's cheer squad. I had no intentions of making a business of this. A month later, I have had several orders.

Well.... The word got out about my bows to the head of the Youth Football League in our town, they had a meeting yesterday and I will be contacted this week about being the person to make ALL of the hair bows for the cheerleaders on in the league !! Yall have no idea what this means to me!!

I have worked since I was 16 years old. I have 7 yr old and a 5 month old who has Down Syndrome and just had open heart surgery. I had to stop working so that I can stay home to take care of him. Making these hair bows has been a life savor to me! It is such a blessing!! Yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my rant, I just wanted to share this with yall
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41

Default Re: OMG!! Guess What!!

Hope your baby boy is doing well after the surgery! Thats wonderful that you can stay home with him! Great job getting the YFL account, that's a big honor where I come from. Your work must be amazing
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela R View Post
Hope your baby boy is doing well after the surgery! Thats wonderful that you can stay home with him! Great job getting the YFL account, that's a big honor where I come from. Your work must be amazing
Thank you so much! He is recovering well. To be honest, my work is no where as good as some of the work that I have seen on this forum, but there arent many people in my area making bows, and I think I am the only on that he taken the step to network with the league.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by salex142 View Post
Thank you so much! He is recovering well. To be honest, my work is no where as good as some of the work that I have seen on this forum, but there arent many people in my area making bows, and I think I am the only on that he taken the step to network with the league.
Good to hear he's doing well! Yes, this forum is amazing! These ladies give me motivation & answer so many questions that I have. The search option is my new best friend Well, keep doing what your doing! They seem to love your bows and you should be very proud of that, I wish you lots of good luck!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40

Awesome! Congrats!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10

That is so awesome! If you don't mind I will be praying for your little boy & your bow business
Old 07-10-2012, 09:50

That is wonderful! Cherish the time you have with your children!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:01

How exciting!! Congrats!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:30

Congratulations!

Glad to hear your son is doing well in his recovery. I am not sure what contact you have had for services for your son, but know there is so much out there for families with children with disabilities. If you haven't already had contact there should be a birth to 3 program for your son.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:32

That's AWESOME! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salex142 View Post
I just started my hair bow business a month ago. I have been doing research and there are less than a handful of people in my area that make hair bows. I started by designing a bow for my daughter's cheer squad. I had no intentions of making a business of this. A month later, I have had several orders.

Well.... The word got out about my bows to the head of the Youth Football League in our town, they had a meeting yesterday and I will be contacted this week about being the person to make ALL of the hair bows for the cheerleaders on in the league !! Yall have no idea what this means to me!!

I have worked since I was 16 years old. I have 7 yr old and a 5 month old who has Down Syndrome and just had open heart surgery. I had to stop working so that I can stay home to take care of him. Making these hair bows has been a life savor to me! It is such a blessing!! Yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my rant, I just wanted to share this with yall