hot pink wholesale
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-16-2012, 10:39
Default Help with Tutu Dresses

Hi all!

I'm making a couple of tutu dresses for my nieces to wear at a wedding this summer. I'm making them in the style with a stretchy headband for the top part and the tulle tied to the bottom layers. I have been going nuts the past few days trying to figure out how to line the top so that it's not see through - does anyone have any tips?? I've double layered the headband, which has helped some but you can still see skin through all the little holes. My next thought was to try some 4 way stretch fabric behind the top, but I'm honestly a little scared to attempt to sew a 4 way stretchy fabric.

Have any of you wonderfully creative ladies already figured out a easy way to line the tops of these dresses??

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 12:28
Default Re: Help with Tutu Dresses

I use the regular t-shirt knit. It stretches right along with the headband. The only problem I've head, is the top part of the headband and lining tended to roll a little towards the outside. If you don't want to sew the knit directly to the headband, you could just make a tube top to wear under the headband.
I've seen some dresses that they weave tulle throught the holes, so that you can't see through it. Another idea is too sew flowers to the headband to cover all the holes.
Hope this inspires you!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:38

I've seen ones where they have woven tulle or ribbon throughout the crochet headband to cover everything up. Looks really cute!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:41

Thanks for the help! I hadn't even thought of using tulle or ribbon or something to weave through the top, that's a great idea
Old 05-19-2012, 12:04

i use ballet body suits super cheap at walmart under 10 comes in white black and tan. plus since it is plain i decorate it with rhinestones and feathers
tutu tops are for girsl under 4 years of age really i hate that too. what i did with her rapunzel costume i made was add tulle starting at top of tube top so entire top is covered in tulle
Sponsored Links

crochet headband, headband tutu, tulle, tutu, tutu dress